Thankyou Note Ideas After Job Interview

• Thread starter Physics is Phun
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Interview
In summary, the individual had an interview on Friday afternoon and believes it went well. They are hoping to get the job and plan on making a thank you phone call to improve their chances. They are unsure of what else to say besides thank you. The other person suggests mentioning their understanding of how politics work and not disclosing certain information. The individual then makes a joke about offering a large sum of money for starting a new company. They then realize their mistake and comment on their post.
Physics is Phun
so i just had an interview friday afternoon, I think it went really well and I realllllly hope I get the job. I've never made a thankyou phone call before, but I think i should to help give myself the best chance at this job. what should I say to him ? (other than thankyou :rolleyes: )

Physics news on Phys.org
I'll make you an offer you can't refuse?

Physics is Phun said:
so i just had an interview friday afternoon, I think it went really well and I realllllly hope I get the job. I've never made a thankyou phone call before, but I think i should to help give myself the best chance at this job. what should I say to him ? (other than thankyou :rolleyes: )

Just tell he/she you know how the politics work, and you will not tell.

yomamma said:
I'll make you an offer you can't refuse?
Let me guess $10,053,152,943,230,000,4200,200,030,051,000,000,000,145,010.25/second for started new TKC's

You're not fun...

wow! what was i thinking posting here :smile:

Related to Thankyou Note Ideas After Job Interview

1. What should I include in a thankyou note after a job interview?

When writing a thankyou note after a job interview, it is important to express your gratitude for the opportunity, recap the key points discussed during the interview, and reiterate your interest in the position. You can also mention any additional qualifications or skills that you may have forgotten to mention during the interview. It is also a good idea to include a brief summary of why you would be a good fit for the job and how you can contribute to the company.

2. How long after the interview should I send a thankyou note?

It is recommended to send a thankyou note within 24 hours after the interview. This shows your promptness and enthusiasm for the position. However, if you are unable to do so, it is better to send it late than not at all. Sending a thankyou note a few days after the interview is still a good gesture.

3. Should I send a thankyou note if I didn't get the job?

Yes, it is still a good idea to send a thankyou note even if you didn't get the job. This shows your professionalism and appreciation for the opportunity to interview. It also keeps you in the employer's mind for any future job openings.

4. What should I avoid including in a thankyou note after a job interview?

When writing a thankyou note, it is important to avoid any negative or critical comments about the interview or the company. You should also avoid asking for feedback or mentioning salary negotiations. Keep the tone of your thankyou note positive and professional.

5. Can I send a thankyou note via email or should I send a handwritten note?

Either option is acceptable and it depends on your personal preference. Email is a more convenient and timely option, while a handwritten note adds a personal touch. Whichever method you choose, make sure to proofread your note for any spelling or grammar errors before sending it.