Taking the GRE exam in the UK?

In summary, taking the GRE exam in the UK requires proper planning and preparation. The exam is administered by the Educational Testing Service (ETS) and can be taken at designated testing centers. Test-takers must register in advance and provide valid identification on the day of the exam. The GRE exam in the UK follows the same format and scoring system as the exam in the US. However, accommodations may be available for individuals with disabilities. It is important to familiarize oneself with the exam content and format, and to utilize study materials and practice tests to achieve a successful score.
raphile
Hello,

I am interested in applying to graduate schools in the US. I understand that I need to take the GRE exam, but I don't know of any test centres in the UK which will allow me to take it. It seems difficult to find this information online. I live in Cardiff so somewhere not too far away would be good, but I would be willing to go anywhere in the UK to take the exam.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
There are test centers in London. You can register for the test online. (You will be given a list of test centers to choose from during the registration.)

The information you want is at: http://www.ets.org/gre

Thanks a lot!

I understand the importance of taking standardized tests like the GRE for graduate school admissions. It is understandable that you are looking for test centers in the UK to take the exam. I would suggest starting by checking the official ETS (Educational Testing Service) website, as they are the organization that administers the GRE. They have a search tool that allows you to find test centers in specific locations, including the UK. Additionally, you can reach out to graduate schools in the US that you are interested in and inquire about their preferred test centers in the UK. They may have specific recommendations or partnerships with certain test centers. I wish you the best of luck in your graduate school journey.

Related to Taking the GRE exam in the UK?

1. What is the GRE exam and why is it important?

The GRE (Graduate Record Examination) is a standardized test used to assess the readiness of students for graduate-level study. It measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing skills. It is an important factor in the admissions process for many graduate programs in the UK.

2. How do I register for the GRE exam in the UK?

You can register for the GRE exam through the official website of the Educational Testing Service (ETS), the organization responsible for administering the exam. You will need to create an ETS account, select a test date and location, and pay the exam fee.

3. What is the format of the GRE exam in the UK?

The GRE exam in the UK is administered in a computer-based format. It consists of three sections: verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and analytical writing. The total test time is approximately 3 hours and 45 minutes. There is also an optional 10-minute break after the third section.

4. How can I prepare for the GRE exam in the UK?

There are various study materials available to help you prepare for the GRE exam, such as practice tests, study guides, and online courses. It is also recommended to familiarize yourself with the exam format and question types. You can also seek guidance from a tutor or join a study group.

5. Can I retake the GRE exam in the UK if I am not satisfied with my score?

Yes, you can retake the GRE exam in the UK up to five times within a 12-month period. However, you must wait at least 21 days between each attempt. Your scores from all attempts will be reported to the universities you have selected. It is important to check the policies of each university regarding multiple test scores.