Synopsys ICC: cell stats and post route netlist from mwlib

• Thread starter reddvoid
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cell Stats
In summary, Synopsys ICC is a software tool used for physical design and implementation of integrated circuits. It offers features such as floorplanning, placement, routing, and timing optimization. Cell stats in ICC provide information about the types, sizes, and locations of cells used in a design. A post route netlist can be generated using the "write -format verilog" command. Mwlib is a library of pre-characterized cells that can be used for timing analysis and optimization. Synopsys ICC can also be used for designs in other technologies, such as 3D integrated circuits, SoC, and MCM.
reddvoid
Hi,
I have loaded the milkyway database of the design to the synopsys ic compiler
how can i get details of all the cells present in the design or the netlist after place and route ?

Hi,
I got the problem solved
The command "report_design_physical -all -verbose" did the work

Thank you

Related to Synopsys ICC: cell stats and post route netlist from mwlib

1. What is Synopsys ICC?

Synopsys ICC is a software tool used in the field of electronic design automation (EDA) for physical design and implementation of integrated circuits (ICs). It is used for floorplanning, placement, routing, and timing optimization of digital designs.

2. What are cell stats in Synopsys ICC?

Cell stats in Synopsys ICC refer to the statistics of cells used in a design, including their types, sizes, and locations. This information is helpful in analyzing the efficiency and density of the design and identifying potential issues with cell placement.

3. How do I generate a post route netlist in Synopsys ICC?

To generate a post route netlist in Synopsys ICC, you can use the "write -format verilog" command in the ICC command shell. This will create a Verilog netlist file that contains the final routing information of the design, including the connectivity between cells and nets.

4. What is the role of mwlib in Synopsys ICC?

Mwlib (MemoryWare Library) is a library of pre-characterized cells that can be used in Synopsys ICC for faster and more accurate timing analysis and optimization. These cells have been characterized for different process corners and voltage conditions, making them ideal for use in different design scenarios.

5. Can I use Synopsys ICC for designs other than ICs?

Yes, Synopsys ICC can also be used for the physical implementation of designs in other technologies, such as 3D integrated circuits, system on chip (SoC), and multi-chip modules (MCM). It offers a wide range of features and capabilities that make it suitable for various types of designs.