Support Your Mentors - Buy Them a Cup of Coffee Today!

• Thread starter Jarvis323
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of mentors getting paid through a "buy me a coffee" account. One participant suggests an alternative fundraising idea, but it is ultimately decided that the suggestion will not be adopted. Islands are also briefly mentioned as a potential danger due to rising sea levels.
Jarvis323
Do mentors get paid? What if each mentor had a buy me a coffee account page or something equivalent. You could put the link next to their avatar or something, like below.

buycoffee.png

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/

• Haha
Likes Math100, pinball1970, Wrichik Basu and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Nice!

But I like the Help Ivan Buy an Island fund better.

• Haha
Likes pinball1970, Jarvis323 and Wrichik Basu
Jarvis323 said:
Do mentors get paid? What if each mentor had a buy me a coffee account page or something equivalent. [...]
With all the crap that Mentors and Admins have to deal with I guess they need something stronger, e.g., a shot of vodka, a packet of valium, a very large joint,... ? :oldbiggrin:

• Haha
Likes Math100, Jarvis323, BillTre and 1 other person
Ivan Seeking said:
Nice!

But I like the Help Ivan Buy an Island fund better.
Islands are dangerous in a time when the global sea level is rising.

Likes BillTre and symbolipoint
Just a quick update. Great suggestion, but we have internally agreed to not adopt this. Continue to show support with positive reactions and great discussion contributions.

Likes Math100, BillTre and Wrichik Basu

What is the purpose of "Support Your Mentors - Buy Them a Cup of Coffee Today!"?

The purpose of "Support Your Mentors - Buy Them a Cup of Coffee Today!" is to show appreciation and support for your mentors by buying them a cup of coffee. This small gesture can go a long way in showing your gratitude for their guidance and mentorship.

How can I participate in "Support Your Mentors - Buy Them a Cup of Coffee Today!"?

To participate in "Support Your Mentors - Buy Them a Cup of Coffee Today!", simply find a mentor who has made a positive impact on your life and buy them a cup of coffee. You can also spread the word and encourage others to do the same.

Why is it important to support our mentors?

Supporting our mentors is important because they have played a significant role in shaping who we are and helping us achieve our goals. By showing our appreciation and support, we can strengthen our relationship with our mentors and continue to learn from them.

Can I support my mentors in other ways besides buying them a cup of coffee?

Yes, you can support your mentors in many ways besides buying them a cup of coffee. You can offer to help them with a project, recommend them to others, or simply thank them for their guidance and support. The key is to show your appreciation and support in a meaningful way.

How can I find mentors to support?

You can find mentors to support by reaching out to people who have had a positive impact on your life, whether it's a teacher, coach, family member, or colleague. You can also network and attend events to meet potential mentors. Remember, mentors can come from all walks of life, so keep an open mind and be willing to learn from anyone.