Save global societies with lower emissions of Fossil Fuel CO2

• Thread starter LeeMcK
  • Start date
In summary, reducing global emissions of Fossil Fuel CO2 is essential for preserving societies around the world. By decreasing our reliance on fossil fuels and transitioning to cleaner, renewable energy sources, we can mitigate the harmful effects of climate change and protect the well-being of communities worldwide. This requires a collective effort from governments, businesses, and individuals to prioritize sustainability and take action towards a more sustainable future.
LeeMcK
How did you find PF?
news.ycombinator.com linked to article about preparing for a Mauna Loa volcano eruption.
Hello everybody. I am Lee McKusick from El Granada, California. I am 73 years old and recently retired from working 11 years as a paraeducator. A paraeducator is somebody who works with severely limited kids. I am a person who helps a student learn and do the tasks of a school day.

Fifty six odd years ago I did a system analysis of the Los Angeles Public Bus system. About 1978 to 1981 I had a BA in American Studies, my VW had a bare front tire, I was broke and staying at my Dad's house and the "Second Energy Crisis" had just ended. I also had a brand new HP-21 calculator and "Great Ideas of Operations Research" by Jagjit Singh. I wound up making a 68 page hand typed booklet with a spirit duplicator, "Busbook I".

Fast forward to the Present 2021. My latest and best idea is to create a financial instrument that pays people to not emit fossil fuel CO2. Where we can figure out how to do it, we pay people to directly switch to a very low CO2 emission way of doing something. Yes it is a very simple little tool. Remember Archimedes who said, give me a place to stand and I can move the earth. So can we. Lincoln's speech to Congress still applies, this is a time piled high with great difficulty. We need to think anew and act anew.

[Link to personal blog deleted by the Mentors -- please put the link in your Profile Page instead. Thanks.]

The global disaster approaching needs lots of clear thinking, carefully appreciated physics and meteorology, and more than a little bit of attention to the correct placement of the decimal point in global warming project design. The systems we need to modify are human social systems and this adds the need for liberal arts thinking too. The watchword for the next 20 years needs to be humane.

Attachments

• leeandleiacheckoutco2metersonapoleDSC_7989.JPG
    leeandleiacheckoutco2metersonapoleDSC_7989.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

LeeMcK said:
How did you find PF?: news.ycombinator.com linked to article about preparing for a Mauna Loa volcano eruption.

Fast forward to the Present 2021. My latest and best idea is to create a financial instrument that pays people to not emit fossil fuel CO2. Where we can figure out how to do it, we pay people to directly switch to a very low CO2 emission way of doing something. Yes it is a very simple little tool. Remember Archimedes who said, give me a place to stand and I can move the earth. So can we. Lincoln's speech to Congress still applies, this is a time piled high with great difficulty. We need to think anew and act anew.

[Link to personal blog deleted by the Mentors -- please put the link in your Profile Page instead. Thanks.]

The global disaster approaching needs lots of clear thinking, carefully appreciated physics and meteorology, and more than a little bit of attention to the correct placement of the decimal point in global warming project design. The systems we need to modify are human social systems and this adds the need for liberal arts thinking too. The watchword for the next 20 years needs to be humane
Welcome to PhysicsForums, Lee. It's good to have you here.

Just a heads-up on Climate Change discussions -- we have fairly strict rules about discussions of Climate Change and Global Warming. You can read the rules about such discussions in this "sticky post" at the top of our Earth sub-forum:

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/climate-change-global-warming-policy.757267/

Enjoy PF. :smile: