Super quick question about angular motion

In summary, angular motion refers to the rotational movement of an object around a fixed point or axis. It is different from linear motion, which involves movement along a straight path. Angular motion is measured using radians or degrees, and its equation is ω = Δθ/Δt. Angular motion can be measured using tools such as protractors or sensors. Real-life examples of angular motion include the rotation of a bicycle wheel, the spinning of a top, and the Earth's rotation around its axis.
lc99

Homework Statement

upload_2018-2-10_0-13-46.png

Homework Equations

displacement = .5(wi+wf)*t
wi =0
wf=5 rev / sec
t=10

The Attempt at a Solution

displacement = 5/2*10= 25 revolutions

I know it is simple, but I am not sure if i heard right that the answer is actually 50 revolutions. Did i do something wrong?

Attachments

• upload_2018-2-10_0-13-46.png
    upload_2018-2-10_0-13-46.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 650
Physics news on Phys.org
You are right. Note that if the turntable rotated at a steady rate of 5 rev/s it would rotate through 50 rev in 10 s. But in your problem, the turntable only reaches 5 rev/s at the very end of the 10 s time interval. So there is no way it could make 50 rev in 10 s.

Likes lc99

Related to Super quick question about angular motion

1. What is angular motion?

Angular motion refers to the movement of an object around a fixed point or axis. It is also known as rotational motion.

2. What is the difference between linear and angular motion?

Linear motion is the movement of an object along a straight path, while angular motion involves the rotation of an object around a fixed point. Linear motion is typically measured in meters, while angular motion is measured in radians or degrees.

3. What is the equation for angular motion?

The equation for angular motion is ω = Δθ/Δt, where ω represents angular velocity, Δθ represents the change in angular position, and Δt represents the change in time.

4. How is angular motion measured?

Angular motion is typically measured using a protractor or other angular measurement tools. It can also be measured using sensors and recording devices.

5. What are some real-life examples of angular motion?

Some examples of angular motion include the rotation of a bicycle wheel, the spinning of a top, and the swinging of a pendulum. The Earth's rotation around its axis is also an example of angular motion.