Summer school preparation help

In summary, the speaker has been accepted to attend a summer school at Cambridge and has received a part of a quantum mechanics introductory textbook to study beforehand. They are struggling with the material, particularly with concepts such as using energy instead of forces and terms like "potential well" and "zero of potential". They only have 4 weeks to go over the material and are feeling nervous and stuck. They are seeking advice and clarification on some of the terminology.
niko_.97
Hey guys.
I've been accepted to attend a summer school at Cambridge this year and they have sent me a part of a quantum mechanics introductory textbook to do at home beforehand. However, I am having a lot of difficulty with it even the first few examples where they are trying to get you used to using energy instead of forces. I think this may partly be because I am going to school in Scotland and Higher Physics is less in depth than AS level Physics in addition to the fact that this is my first time attempting any quantum mechanics equations.
I have 4 weeks to go over it which is definitely not enough time to catch up on the AS level things I have not done and still finish it (I also have school for 3 of those weeks).
Does anyone have any sort of advice because I am really stuck and getting very nervous about this.

Some of the lingo I have come across which I am not familiar with is a "potential well", "the definition of speed" (which they used to completely change a formula, in my view at least), "the amplitude of the motion of a particle", "zero of potential". A few of those explained would also be helpful.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry you are not generating any responses at the moment. Is there any additional information you can share with us? Any new findings?

Related to Summer school preparation help

What is summer school preparation help?

Summer school preparation help refers to resources and assistance provided to students to help them prepare for summer school courses. This can include study materials, tutoring services, and tips for success in summer school.

Why might a student need summer school preparation help?

Students may need summer school preparation help if they did not perform well during the regular school year and need to make up credits, or if they want to get ahead by taking additional courses. Other reasons may include wanting to improve grades, preparing for college entrance exams, or simply wanting to stay academically engaged during the summer.

What types of resources are typically included in summer school preparation help?

Some common resources that may be included in summer school preparation help are study guides, practice tests, review materials, and one-on-one or group tutoring sessions. Some programs may also offer workshops or seminars on study skills and time management.

Who can benefit from summer school preparation help?

Summer school preparation help can benefit a wide range of students, including those who are struggling academically, those who want to get ahead, and even high-achieving students who want to maintain their academic skills over the summer. It can also be helpful for students who are transitioning to a new school or grade level.

How can students access summer school preparation help?

Students can access summer school preparation help through their school or through external resources such as tutoring centers or online programs. Some schools may offer summer school preparation help as part of their regular curriculum, while others may require students to seek out and utilize these resources on their own.