Registration Bug: Activating Account Without Email

• Thread starter hexrd
  • Start date
Warren.In summary, the individual experienced difficulty in activating their account due to not receiving the required email. They had to register again with the "receive email from administrators" box checked in order to successfully activate their account. There may have been an issue with spam filters mistakenly discarding the confirmation email.
hexrd
While registering, i unchecked the "receive email from administrators" box and did not receive the email required to activate my account. I had to register again differently (this time the box was checked) in order to activate it and post this

Physics news on Phys.org
Interesting, I'll look into it.

- Warren

May I ask a question, even when people don't check that box, they can still get the email from forums ?

?? I am confused!
I didn't set up many acounts here, only two. Why did you say I am spamming ?

He didn't say you were spamming. He said sometimes spam filters (like those run by your ISP, or run by your own email client) think the confirmation email is spam and discard it. In other words, the email may have been sent, but you never saw it because a spam filter discarded it.

- Warren

Thank you,

1. What is the registration bug "Activating Account Without Email"?

The registration bug "Activating Account Without Email" refers to a technical issue where a user is able to create an account on a website without providing an email address. This can lead to security concerns and potential unauthorized access to the account.

2. How does the registration bug "Activating Account Without Email" occur?

The bug can occur due to a programming error in the registration process, where the email field is not properly validated or required. It can also be caused by a malicious user exploiting a vulnerability in the website's code.

3. What are the potential consequences of the registration bug "Activating Account Without Email"?

The consequences can vary depending on the website and its security measures. It can lead to unauthorized access to the account, allowing the user to make changes or perform actions without the account owner's knowledge. It can also make it difficult for the account owner to recover their account if they forget their login credentials.

4. How can the registration bug "Activating Account Without Email" be prevented?

To prevent this bug, website developers should ensure that the email field is properly validated and required during the registration process. They should also regularly update and secure their website's code to prevent exploitation by malicious users.

5. What should I do if I encounter the registration bug "Activating Account Without Email"?

If you encounter this bug on a website, you should immediately report it to the website's developers so they can address the issue and prevent it from happening to other users. It is also advisable to change your account's password and enable any security measures available, such as two-factor authentication.