What instant email ? Notifications problem message.

• Thread starter symbolipoint
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of notifications not working properly on the forum and the possibility of a reset to "instant email" as the default preference. The speaker shares their experience of not being able to find the "instant email" option and another member suggests checking the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" under "Edit Options". Eventually, the speaker is able to locate the option and the issue is resolved.
symbolipoint
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
What "instant email"? Notifications problem message.

According to the Notices message about resetting notifications, at the top of the forum for when member is signed in, I followed the path My PF, Edit Options, and I never found any "instant email" item. I only find these:

• Receive email from administrators
  • Receive email from other members
  • Receive friendship request email

What is this "instant email" item? It is definitely not shown in the link path of this front message:
PF Members, in an effort to solve the notification problems, I must have reset everyone's preference to "instant email". This could result in more notifications than desired. If so, please go to "My PF" and then "Edit Options" and change the notification setting. Sorry for the trouble. Good news is that notifications are working again :)

Physics news on Phys.org

Right under those options there is a heading called "Default Thread Subscription Mode" with a drop down of options. Look there :)

Good. I see it. I might 've missed seeing it earlier when I checked or maybe the system was working oddly at that time/moment.

1. What is an instant email?

An instant email is an email message that is delivered and received immediately, without any delay or lag. It allows for real-time communication between individuals or groups.

2. What is an email notification?

An email notification is an alert or message that is sent via email to inform a user about a specific event or update. This can include new emails, calendar reminders, or social media notifications.

3. How do I solve problems with email notifications?

To solve problems with email notifications, first check your internet connection and email settings to make sure they are properly configured. If the issue persists, try restarting your device or clearing your email cache. If the problem continues, contact your email provider for further assistance.

4. Why am I not receiving email notifications?

There could be several reasons why you are not receiving email notifications. It could be due to a technical issue with your email provider, incorrect email settings, or the notifications may be going to your spam or junk folder. Make sure to check all of these factors before troubleshooting further.

5. How can I turn off email notifications?

To turn off email notifications, go to your email settings and look for the notification preferences. From there, you can choose to disable specific types of notifications or turn off notifications altogether. You can also adjust your device's notification settings to control the frequency or volume of email notifications.