Studying Physics being an Active Duty soldier?

In summary, the individual is a student of Astrophysics currently enlisted in the US Army. They have two years remaining to finish their Bachelor's degree and will be shipping out for Basic Combat Training by the end of the year. They are unsure if the place they will be stationed at will have educational assistance for Physics, and if not, they are considering pursuing a Bachelor's in Astrophysics online. They have also mentioned an interest in switching their major to Software Engineering or Mathematics if online Astrophysics is not available. However, the individual has received advice against enlisting before finishing their degree and is concerned about their education while serving in the Army. They have already signed a contract with the Army and are aiming to serve and study simultaneously. They are also
You won't be allowed to officer once you reach your unit. It makes no sense. Why would the army train you a specific MOS and then release you from that MOS to allow you to become an officer? The answer is they won't. It takes at least a few years of service (and usually exceptional service) for an officer to be willing to release you, an enlistee from his/her command in order for you to go OCS. Secondly, even if you magically got selected to go OCS. Odds are against you from going 40A. You, as an OCS recruit are at the very bottom of pecking order. What this means is, whatever is left over from ROTC/West Point Graduates, is what is open to you.

I say this not to discourage you, but to hopefully make you face the reality of your next few years. The Army can be great, but it can be a great disappointment if you do not understand what you are signing up for. I no longer have a lower lift leg, but that was my choice. I don't regret, because I loved my soldiers, I loved my job, and I loved the uniform. Make sure you are willing to make the sacrifice.

Physics news on Phys.org
Noman, I don't understand why you bothered to post here, if you are going to ignore all the advice you are getting. Advice from people who have been there. On PF, this is unlikely to maximize the utility you get. In the military, ignoring advice from the people who have been there before is likely to get you a trip home in a body bag.