Struggling with Homework? Here's Your Solution!

• Thread starter dawud
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Homework
In summary, the individual is trying to solve for the max and min of a speed, but is stuck because they don't understand how sin^-1(0) works. They are unsure of where to go from here, as they have now solved for the derivative of the speed.
dawud

Homework Statement

It's attached.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I'm stuck on part b. I've attached my attempt at a solution not sure if it's right and, if it is, where to go from there.

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 396
  • sol.jpg
    sol.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 336
Physics news on Phys.org
All your work looks right so far. So now it looks like you have find times for the maximum and minimum of the speed, which will be a fairly straight-forward optimization problem.

jackarms said:
All your work looks right so far. So now it looks like you have find times for the maximum and minimum of the speed, which will be a fairly straight-forward optimization problem.

Thanks a lot btw. So I'm guessing I should differentiate the expression again right? And from there work out the max and min turning points of the graph?

jackarms said:

Oh man, I don't think this is working out for me lol. Here's the working I've done thus far, I don't think it's correct; any ideas where I went wrong?

Edit: I uploaded the attachments the wrong way round.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 372
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 387
No, I think you're going the right way. The derivative does get a bit messy, but it helps that a and w are both constant, so you can throw those out. I think the answers you'll get will be fairly simple too.

jackarms said:
No, I think you're going the right way. The derivative does get a bit messy, but it helps that a and w are both constant, so you can throw those out. I think the answers you'll get will be fairly simple too.

Since I've now got sin^-1(0) I don't know where to proceed from there. As far as I know, that wouldn't yield a max/min value, or would it? And I don't know how the w in the argument factors into all this

Last edited:

Related to Struggling with Homework? Here's Your Solution!

What is "Struggling with Homework? Here's Your Solution!"?

"Struggling with Homework? Here's Your Solution!" is a program or service that provides assistance to students who are having difficulty completing their homework assignments.

How does "Struggling with Homework? Here's Your Solution!" work?

The program or service works by providing personalized support and resources to students. This can include one-on-one tutoring, study tips, and access to educational materials. The goal is to help students improve their understanding and performance in their homework assignments.

Who can benefit from "Struggling with Homework? Here's Your Solution!"?

Any student who is struggling with their homework can benefit from this program or service. This can include students of all ages and academic levels, from elementary school to college.

Is "Struggling with Homework? Here's Your Solution!" free to use?

This may vary depending on the specific program or service. Some may have a fee, while others may be free to use. It is important to research and compare different options to find the best fit for your needs and budget.

How can I access "Struggling with Homework? Here's Your Solution!"?

You can access the program or service through their website, or by contacting them directly. Some schools or educational institutions may also offer this program as a resource for their students.