Struggling with Calc II? Check out These Top Resources for Help!

• Thread starter mrnike992
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Resources
In summary, Calc II, or Calculus II, is a challenging mathematics course that builds upon concepts learned in Calculus I. Good resources, such as textbooks, practice problems, and online tutorials, are important for success in this course. Some recommended resources include "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart, "Schaum's Outline of Calculus" by Frank Ayres Jr., and online platforms like Khan Academy and Paul's Online Math Notes. To make the most of these resources, it is important to actively engage with them and manage your time effectively. Other tips for success include regularly attending class, participating in discussions and activities, and seeking help when needed. Additionally, having a strong foundation in Calculus I can
mrnike992
I'm getting my ass kicked by my Calc II class and now that we've started Taylor series, I'm getting completely lost. Are there any good resources to supplement my textbook and lecture? Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out!

Related to Struggling with Calc II? Check out These Top Resources for Help!

What is Calc II?

Calc II, short for Calculus II, is a course in mathematics that builds upon the concepts learned in Calculus I. It typically covers topics such as integration techniques, series, and applications of integration.

Why are good resources important for Calc II?

Good resources are important for Calc II because it is a challenging course that requires a strong understanding of the material. Having access to high-quality resources such as textbooks, practice problems, and online tutorials can greatly aid in comprehension and success in the course.

What are some good resources for Calc II?

Some good resources for Calc II include textbooks like "Calculus: Early Transcendentals" by James Stewart, practice problem books like "Schaum's Outline of Calculus" by Frank Ayres Jr., and online resources such as Khan Academy and Paul's Online Math Notes.

How can I make the most of these resources?

To make the most of these resources, it is important to actively engage with them. This could mean taking notes while reading a textbook, practicing problems regularly, or seeking help from a tutor or professor when needed. It is also important to stay organized and manage your time effectively when using these resources.

Are there any other tips for success in Calc II?

Aside from utilizing good resources, some other tips for success in Calc II include attending class regularly, participating in class discussions and activities, and seeking help when needed. It is also important to review and practice regularly, rather than cramming for exams. Additionally, developing a strong understanding of the fundamental concepts in Calculus I can greatly aid in understanding the material in Calc II.