Structural Engineering Exercises: Help for Studying Failed Course in July

• Thread starter Clausius2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Studying
In summary, the speaker failed a course in Structural Engineering and needs more exercises to study for it again. They are specifically looking for exercises related to arches and portal frames but have had trouble finding them through Google. They ask if anyone knows of a website or university with solved exercises for this subject. However, they later mention that they have passed the exam and do not want to see any more structures.
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I haven't got enough exercises of some course I've failed in July: Structural Engineering. I have to study it again :cry: , but I do not have any interesting exercise about arches and portal frames.

Do you know any web link with some of this kind of exercises solved?.

I've tried google, but I've found nothing. Perhaps some university has model exams for this subject, or a collection of solved exercises on line.

Thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
try civil eng ( bridges)

Thanks but it's too late. Fortunately I passed the exam the 20th September. I don't want to see more structures never again!

Related to Structural Engineering Exercises: Help for Studying Failed Course in July

1. What is structural engineering?

Structural engineering is a branch of civil engineering that deals with the design, construction, and maintenance of structures such as buildings, bridges, and tunnels. It involves analyzing and calculating the strength and stability of structures to ensure they can withstand various forces and loads.

2. What is the purpose of structural engineering exercises?

The purpose of structural engineering exercises is to help students practice and apply the principles and concepts learned in their courses. These exercises simulate real-world scenarios and allow students to develop their problem-solving skills and gain a better understanding of structural failures.

3. How can structural engineering exercises help me study for a failed course in July?

Structural engineering exercises can help you study for a failed course in July by providing you with hands-on practice and a deeper understanding of the course material. These exercises can also help you identify any knowledge gaps and allow you to focus on specific areas that need improvement.

4. Are there any specific techniques or strategies for studying structural engineering exercises?

Yes, there are several techniques and strategies that can help you effectively study structural engineering exercises. These include breaking down the exercises into smaller, more manageable tasks, seeking help from tutors or professors, and actively engaging with the material by asking questions and solving problems.

5. Can structural engineering exercises improve my overall understanding of the subject?

Yes, practicing structural engineering exercises can greatly improve your overall understanding of the subject. By applying theoretical concepts to practical exercises, you can gain a better grasp of the material and develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills that are essential for success in the field of structural engineering.