Structural analysis lecture notes

In summary, the app is helpful for students who want to learn by doing and is designed to help with the intuitive side of things.
radou
Homework Helper
An extremely useful set of lecture notes for anyone who wants to investigate statics of indeterminate structures (i.e. the force and displacement methods). Influence lines are included too.

http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/apsc/courses/civ214/Lecture%20notes.html"

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
It is a good set of notes.
Thanks!:smile:

[tex]
c_n = \frac{1}{T}\int_{-T/2}^{+T/2}f(t)e^i^n^\omega^ t dt [/tex]

Last edited:
Cheers. I might need those sometime later in the future. :)

good enough.
------------
and this ... great valued software to calculate internal forces + deflection
for any structural construction.

Beams,Frames,Trusses

((( LINPRO )))

http(:)//www(.)line(.)co(.)ba/

Last edited:
@radou
the link is doesn't work to me : 403 Forbidden
what's wrong ?

@civilworks
yeah, i have linpro, good program... .

Dead link. RIP

radou said:
An extremely useful set of lecture notes for anyone who wants to investigate statics of indeterminate structures (i.e. the force and displacement methods). Influence lines are included too.

http://www.ecf.utoronto.ca/apsc/courses/civ214/Lecture%20notes.html

Link's broken. would you mind giving a new one?

Update the link please. Thanks

Links broken again... :(

Hi, I am a Prof. of Aerospace Engineering at Georgia Tech and my area is structures and materials. Instead of making lecture notes I made an app to help on the "intuitive" side of things. The idea is to complement traditional education/methods by bringing into the equation the creative side of students. The name of the app is "Truss Me" and its goal is to help you learn while playing different challenges. It looks and feels like a game but I made sure the mechanics is the real deal. You can take a look at it here:

http://rimoli.gatech.edu/education.html

Hope you like it!

Related to Structural analysis lecture notes

What is structural analysis?

Structural analysis is a branch of engineering that deals with the study of structures and their behavior under various loading conditions. It involves the application of mathematical and physical principles to determine the stresses, strains, and deformations of structures.

What are the main components of structural analysis?

The main components of structural analysis include understanding the properties of materials, applying the laws of mechanics, and using analytical and numerical methods to solve structural problems.

What are the different types of structural analysis methods?

The different types of structural analysis methods include static analysis, dynamic analysis, and stability analysis. Static analysis is used to determine the response of a structure under steady loads, while dynamic analysis is used to analyze the response of a structure to time-varying loads. Stability analysis is used to study the behavior of a structure under compressive loads.

What is the importance of structural analysis?

Structural analysis is important in ensuring the safety, functionality, and reliability of a structure. It helps in designing structures that can withstand the expected loads and prevent failure. It also helps in identifying potential problems and finding solutions to improve the performance of a structure.

What are the common tools and software used in structural analysis?

Some common tools and software used in structural analysis include finite element analysis (FEA), computer-aided design (CAD) software, and structural analysis software such as SAP2000 and ANSYS. These tools and software help in simulating and analyzing the behavior of structures under different loading conditions.