Sticky goo disables more than 100 cars in Pa

• Thread starter rhody
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cars
In summary, a tanker truck spilled a sticky muck on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, disabling over 100 cars and damaging many others. Even state police and turnpike maintenance vehicles got stuck in the tar-like substance. The incident has been compared to a chaotic reality TV show. Some people have shared their own stories of being stuck in similar situations.
rhody
Gold Member
First, we have "Zoombie Apocolypse" by Flex. I thought I would add to the fray.
You can't make this stuff up, really, you can't. http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57330270/sticky-goo-disables-more-than-100-cars-in-pa/:
A flood of gooey muck dropped from a tanker truck disabled more than 100 cars and damaged an unknown number of other vehicles along a nearly 40-mile stretch of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, officials said.

and

Some state police and turnpike maintenance vehicles had to be towed away after getting stuck in the tar-like substance, according to the turnpike operations center.
This story has all the feel of a Reality TV Show run amok (excuse the pun). Feel free to add your own stories about being stuck in disgusting goo, or quick sand. I was stuck in quick sand once as a kid, swam my way out. Whew... that was close.

Rhody... :eek:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Free undercoating! Just follow the tanker!

Pennsylvania beat them to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Sticky goo disables more than 100 cars in Pa

1. What is the cause of the sticky goo that disabled the cars in Pennsylvania?

The sticky goo was determined to be a mixture of molasses and asphalt sealant that was accidentally spilled onto the road.

2. How many cars were affected by the sticky goo?

Over 100 cars were reported to have been disabled due to the sticky goo.

3. How long did it take for the authorities to clean up the sticky goo?

It took several hours for the authorities to clean up the sticky goo and reopen the affected roads.

4. Are there any health risks associated with the sticky goo?

There are no known health risks associated with the sticky goo. However, it is important to avoid contact with it and seek medical attention if any adverse reactions occur.

5. Has this type of incident happened before?

Similar incidents involving sticky substances on roads have been reported in other parts of the world, but this is the first known instance in Pennsylvania.

Back