Steps and logic on how to properly show discount

• MHB
  • Thread starter Biruna
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Logic
The math problem is how to reflect and calculate the special deal in increments of 6 cases, where the supplier funds 6 free bottles and the seller funds another 6. In summary, the problem is how to show this deal with a cost of $87.85 per case and a sales price of $114.00, where customers can receive a free case for every 6 cases ordered.
Biruna
Hi, I have the following math problem which I'm a hardtime finding the best way to reflect/calculate.
If anyone can help I would really appreciated. Problem:I have an agreement with a supplier that he will provide a bottle per case (12 bottles in a case) and I will provide a bottle per case. This deal will be passed on to my customer Which I'm asking them to order in increments of6 case quantities so that full case(s) can be shipped no charge on same order. What's the best way to show this special deal?* My cost is \$ 87.85 per case
* My Sales price is \$ 114.00Note: What makes this problem treaky is that the supplier wants to fund 6free bottles and I will fund the other 6 so ultimately this is passed down to the customer as a free case on every 6 cases ordered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Is this a mathematics problem or an advertising problem?

Buy 5, Get 1 Free!

Related to Steps and logic on how to properly show discount

1. What is the first step in showing a discount?

The first step in showing a discount is to determine the original price and the discounted price. This can be done by subtracting the discount percentage from 100% and multiplying it by the original price. The resulting value will be the discounted price.

2. How do I calculate the discount percentage?

The discount percentage can be calculated by dividing the amount of discount by the original price and multiplying it by 100. This will give you the percentage of the discount.

3. Can I apply multiple discounts to one item?

Yes, you can apply multiple discounts to one item. However, it is important to make sure that the discounts are applied in the correct order. For example, if you have a 20% off discount and a $5 off discount, it is more beneficial to apply the $5 off discount first and then calculate the 20% off discount on the reduced price.

4. How do I display the discount amount on a receipt or invoice?

The discounted amount can be displayed on a receipt or invoice by subtracting the discounted price from the original price. This will give you the amount of discount that was applied to the item.

5. Is it necessary to show the calculation steps for a discount?

It is not necessary to show the calculation steps for a discount, but it can be helpful for transparency and for customers to understand how the discounted price was determined. You can choose to show the calculation steps or simply display the discounted price on the receipt or invoice.