Stats question on premiership goals

• MHB
  • Thread starter alang2101
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Goals Stats
In summary, a person named alang2101 is seeking help with a math question for their first year IT course and is concerned about receiving help that could be considered cheating. They are asked to show their efforts and indicate where they are stuck in order to receive assistance. The use of Turnitin to detect plagiarism from internet sources is also mentioned.
alang2101
I'm doing 1st year IT in uni and have maths questions which are beyond me, please help!

Question 5 is causing me issues!

View attachment 8279

Attachments

• mathsquestions.pdf
    115.6 KB · Views: 75
Mathematics news on Phys.org
anyone?

Please post the question yourself:
don't think anyone is interested in clicking
on an unknown pdf file!

Hi alang2101, welcome to MHB!

Please do not expect us to do your homework completely for you.
That's no good for you and that's no fun for us either.

Can you indicate what you have tried and where you are stuck?
If you show some effort you're sure to get help.

"This Referral Coursework is worth 50% of the module mark."

Isn't this cheating?

If you're to submit this using Turnitin it is, in my opinion, definitely cheating if you get any help here. The Turnitin system is designed to detect plagiarism from internet sources. I'm closing this thread, notwithstanding the actions of other staff.

Related to Stats question on premiership goals

1. How many goals are typically scored in a premiership game?

The average number of goals scored in a premiership game varies depending on the season, but it is usually around 2.5 goals per game.

2. Is there a significant difference in the number of goals scored by home and away teams?

Yes, there is typically a higher number of goals scored by home teams compared to away teams. This is due to a variety of factors such as home field advantage and familiarity with the stadium.

3. What is the distribution of goals scored in a premiership game?

The distribution of goals scored in a premiership game follows a Poisson distribution, which means that the most common number of goals scored is the average number of goals per game.

4. Are there any teams that consistently score more goals than others?

Yes, there are certain teams that have a higher average number of goals scored per game compared to others. This could be due to a variety of factors such as team tactics and player skill levels.

5. How do the number of goals scored in the premiership compare to other leagues?

The average number of goals scored in the premiership is slightly lower compared to other top European leagues such as La Liga and Bundesliga. This could be due to differences in playing styles and defensive strategies.