Star Trek Revived: Matt Damon as Kirk

In summary, there are mixed opinions about the upcoming Star Trek movie featuring Matt Damon as Kirk and a plot involving the characters as students at Starfleet Academy. Some are concerned that it may turn into Star Trek 90210 and that all the prequel stuff is ruining the franchise. Others are excited about the casting and believe it will be a good movie.
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm told the plot involves Kirk, Spock, and McCoy as students at Starfleet Academy. Sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm concerned that this might turn into Star Trek 90210.

Nice, I think its going to be a good casting.

arunma said:
I'm told the plot involves Kirk, Spock, and McCoy as students at Starfleet Academy. Sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm concerned that this might turn into Star Trek 90210.

No wonder star trek is dying. All this prequel stuff is ruining it.

I've heard the actor they are getting to play McCoy is to be older than the original actor was at the start of the 1st Star Trek series :smile:

So what? Does anyone really care about the age of the actor? It's just a movie, folks.

verty said:
So what? Does anyone really care about the age of the actor? It's just a movie, folks.

No, it's a Star Trek movie. We have to live with this for the next fifty years.

Azael said:
No wonder star trek is dying. All this prequel stuff is ruining it.

Yeah, I agree. I admit that Enterprise was interesting for a while, largely because we got to find out what happened back on Earth a couple generations after the events in First Contact. But really, they should have stuck with what worked, and did a movie about DS9, or at least something set in the 24th century.

Related to Star Trek Revived: Matt Damon as Kirk

1. Who is Matt Damon playing in "Star Trek Revived"?

Matt Damon is playing the iconic role of Captain James T. Kirk, previously portrayed by William Shatner in the original "Star Trek" series.

2. Is "Star Trek Revived" a remake or a continuation of the original series?

"Star Trek Revived" is a continuation of the original series, set several years after the events of the original show. It will feature new storylines and adventures, but with familiar characters and themes.

3. Will any other original cast members be returning for "Star Trek Revived"?

While it has not been officially confirmed, it is rumored that some original cast members, such as Leonard Nimoy as Spock and Nichelle Nichols as Uhura, may make appearances in the new series.

4. Who is the director and writer for "Star Trek Revived"?

The director for "Star Trek Revived" is J.J. Abrams, who previously directed the 2009 "Star Trek" reboot. The writers for the series include Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, who also wrote for the 2009 film.

5. When will "Star Trek Revived" be released?

There is no official release date yet for "Star Trek Revived", but it is expected to premiere sometime in late 2021 or early 2022.