Sound recording and electronics questions

As for the other questions, some may be off topic and it is recommended to consult with a professional for more specific advice.
SNIPE
A). Would a 1/4 or a 1/8 TRRS to USB adapter work with 3.1 speakers and would you need software to make it work?, also what would the software be like, would it come with the product or could it be scripted from a good programmer and made available for download from a reliable website or a few websites or could it be a application that does not run very smoothly or doesn't work at all and is available unprofessionally from the programmers website or from a free file hosting and downloading website?.
Can you use an adapter like this that has more than one jack or with different types of jacks such as Toslink, XLR, RCA, etc?
Also would I have to use a sound card instead of an adapter to get the data outputted from USB to TRRS

---------

Background:
B). If you put a piece of clear optical cable inside a 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch jack adapter so that It is flush with the tip of the adapter and light get exit the adapter if plugged in and then plugged a 1/8 inch Toslink cable into that adapter and plugged the 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch adapter in the computer jack, (the other end of the 1/8 inch Toslink cable is the square Toslink type connector and it has a light transmitter and receiver for that square type port (on the TV for example)) and in the computers 1/4 inch jack there's also a light transmitter and receiver for the optical cable.
Question:
Would the light be able to pass through the main optical cable and through to the piece of optical cable that is plugged in the 1/8 to 1/4 adapter?, and would you lose quality of the audio from some photons not reaching the TV port receiver? (Computer is outputting the optical data and the TV is inputting it), or not reaching the computer port receiver (TV is outputting the optical data, pc is inputting it).

---------

C). If I plugged an electric guitar into a guitar amplifier by TRRS jack and plugged the output jack of the amp into the input jack of the PC and TRRS to USB adapter, could i get a signal to the pc, also will i need to use software based signal amplitude and gain limiters so if you turn the guitar amplifier dials up too much you won’t damage the pc?, will a solid state amp, and a valve amp work fine? And will a bass amp work also?.

---------

D). In Garageband when recording, either using a microphone/ microphones or using output to input (line in), I get a feedback error, even when the feedback reduction is turned on if I play what is being recorded through my computer speakers in real-time to when its recording.
Is there a way that I can stop this from happening? Will using my external speakers or amplifier/amplifiers with the TRRS to USB adapter work?

---------

For further reference:
I am currently using: (except for in question B.)
An Apple Macbook pro, Logitech X3 3.1 speakers, Fender super champ (valve) amplifier, Fender 15G (solid state) amplifier, Ashdown aftereight (solid state) bass amplifier,1/8 and 1/4 inch TRRS jacks and 1/8 and 1/4 inch TRRS cables.
And for software, I am currently using Apple's Garageband to record, edit and change some settings and the Apple Mac OSX system preferences for the other audio settings.

I will attach some images and diagrams to this post soon, I've heard these questions don't make sense but I've rewritten them as clearly and simply as i could. the main question I'm interested in is question B and i don't know if some questions will be off topic.

Physics news on Phys.org
To answer your questions:A). Yes, a 1/4 or 1/8 TRRS to USB adapter should be able to work with 3.1 speakers, but you may need to use an audio interface or sound card depending on the type of connection you need. Generally, you would not need any software to make the connection work, but some audio interfaces or sound cards may require drivers or other software in order to function properly.B). Yes, it is possible for the light to pass through the main optical cable and through the piece of optical cable plugged into the 1/8 to 1/4 adapter. However, it may be difficult to achieve this without losing quality due to the small size of the adapter.C). Yes, you should be able to get a signal to the PC from the guitar amplifier by using a TRRS to USB adapter. You may need to use software based signal amplitude and gain limiters in order to prevent damage to your computer if the amplifier dials are turned up too much. Both solid state and valve amplifiers should work fine, and a bass amp should also be compatible.D). To reduce feedback while recording in Garageband, you may need to use external speakers or an amplifier/amplifiers connected to your computer via a TRRS to USB adapter. This should help reduce the amount of feedback you are experiencing.

Related to Sound recording and electronics questions

1. What is the purpose of sound recording?

Sound recording is the process of capturing and storing audio signals for later playback. This allows us to preserve and share sounds, such as music, speech, and environmental noises, for various purposes such as entertainment, education, and research.

2. What are the basic components of a sound recording system?

A sound recording system typically includes a microphone to capture sound waves, a preamplifier to boost the signal, an analog-to-digital converter to convert the analog sound waves into digital data, and a storage medium, such as a hard drive or memory card, to store the recorded sound.

3. How does an analog sound recording differ from a digital sound recording?

Analog sound recording captures and stores sound waves as continuous electrical signals, while digital sound recording breaks down the sound waves into a series of binary numbers, or bits. Digital recordings typically have better sound quality and can be easily manipulated and edited, but some argue that analog recordings have a warmer and more natural sound.

4. What is the role of electronics in sound recording?

Electronics play a crucial role in sound recording, as they are used to capture, amplify, convert, and store audio signals. They are also responsible for processing and manipulating the sound, such as adding effects or altering the frequency and volume.

5. How has sound recording technology evolved over time?

Sound recording technology has come a long way since its inception in the late 19th century. From the early phonograph to modern digital recording software, advancements in electronics have allowed for more efficient and high-quality sound recording. Today, we have access to a wide range of recording devices and software that continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in sound recording.