Something about exterior algebra

In summary, to prove div(A × B) = (rot A)· B - A ·(rot B), one can write out the component by component formula for both sides and use the product rule when working with exterior algebras and differentials. This rule is an extension of the product rule from Calculus I to vectors.
ltd5241
1.how to prove div(A × B) = (rot A)· B - A ·(rot B)
2.d(ω1(A) × ω1(B))=?

Physics news on Phys.org
The simplest way to do 1 is just to go ahead and write out the component by component formula for both sides (I assume that "rot A" is what I would call "curl A": [itex]\nabla \times A[/itex].

For 2, use the product rule.

For 2, use the product rule.[/QUOTE]

What's the rule?

If you are working with exterior algebras and "differentials", surely you have taken Calculus I- and all I am talking about is the extension of the "product rule" from Calculus I extended to vectors. You should have seen that in multi-variable Calculus.

Related to Something about exterior algebra

1. What is exterior algebra?

Exterior algebra is a branch of mathematics that deals with multilinear algebra and the exterior product of vectors. It is also known as the Grassmann algebra and is used to study vector spaces and their subspaces.

2. How is exterior algebra different from other types of algebra?

Unlike other types of algebra, exterior algebra deals with multilinear operations and the exterior product, which is a generalization of the cross product in three-dimensional space. It also has its own set of rules and properties, such as the anti-commutative property.

3. What are some real-world applications of exterior algebra?

Exterior algebra has applications in physics, engineering, and computer science. It is used to study rotations and reflections in space, to solve problems in mechanics and electromagnetism, and to design efficient algorithms for data manipulation.

4. How is exterior algebra related to differential forms?

Differential forms are a powerful tool in calculus and differential geometry, and they can be expressed using exterior algebra. The exterior derivative operator, which is used to calculate the rate at which a function changes, is closely related to the exterior product in exterior algebra.

5. What are some resources for learning more about exterior algebra?

There are many books and online resources available for learning about exterior algebra, such as "Exterior Algebra" by Sergei Winitzki and "A First Course in Computational Algebraic Geometry" by Wolfram Decker and Francisco Santos. Additionally, many universities offer courses on this topic, and there are online forums and communities where one can ask questions and discuss concepts with others.