Solving for x in 3^(log(base4)x)

• Thread starter turutk
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integrate
In summary, to integrate 3^(log(base4)x), first change the base of the log to base 3, then apply the formula 3^{\log_3(x)}=x. This should make the integration process easier.
turutk

Homework Statement

integrate 3^(log(base4)x)

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

i tried to write it in different ways. couldn't solve.
i tried to divide the whole thing by ln3 and then add some more constants to cancel out the remainings. still i could not cancel out the x in the denominator which comes from the chain rule.

Physics news on Phys.org
First, change the base of the log to base 3, using the correct formula.
Then apply the formula [tex]3^{\log_3(x)}=x[/tex].

thank you very much for your help. at least i succeed

So you have to integrate

[tex] 3^{x\ln 4} [/tex]

Then you'll have to integrate

[tex] \left(e^{\ln 3}\right)^{x\ln 4} [/tex]

which should be trivial, right ?

Unless you may have to integrate

[tex] 3^\log_4 x [/tex]

in which case you have to integrate

[tex] \left(e^{\ln 3}\right)^{\frac{\ln x}{\ln 4}} [/tex]

which again should be trivial.

Related to Solving for x in 3^(log(base4)x)

1. How do I determine the best method for integration?

The best method for integration depends on the type of function being integrated. Some common methods include the trapezoidal rule, Simpson's rule, and the midpoint rule. It is important to consider the function's complexity and the desired accuracy when choosing a method.

2. How do I handle improper integrals?

Improper integrals occur when one or both of the bounds of integration are infinite or if the integrand is unbounded. These integrals can be evaluated by breaking them up into smaller integrals and taking the limit as the bounds approach infinity or by using techniques such as integration by parts or substitution.

3. Can I use a calculator or computer to integrate?

Yes, calculators and computers can be used to numerically integrate functions. However, it is important to understand the underlying methods and limitations of these tools. Additionally, for more complex functions, hand calculations may be necessary to obtain an exact solution.

4. How do I check my work when integrating?

One way to check your work when integrating is to take the derivative of the result. If the derivative matches the original function, then the integration was done correctly. Additionally, using numerical integration methods can provide a good estimate to compare against your hand calculations.

5. Can I use integration to solve real-world problems?

Yes, integration is a powerful tool that can be used to solve a variety of real-world problems. It is commonly used in physics, engineering, economics, and other fields to model and analyze systems. Understanding integration can also help with optimization and solving differential equations.