Solving Circular Motion Problems: Uniformity and Changing Flash Frequency

In summary, the conversation discusses a photograph of a mass moving in a circular path and the concept of uniform motion. The camera used for the photograph had a flash frequency of 1Hz and resulted in a diagram showing the mass's movement. The question asks if the motion of the mass was uniform and for a demonstration of the next three positions of the mass when the flash frequency changed to 3Hz. The conversation also mentions understanding the definition of uniform motion.
NachoKing
I have a question here that I'am completely lost on.

A mass was moving clockwise around a circular path when a multiflash photograph was taken of its movement. The camera had a flash frequency of 1Hz ( 1 flash photo per second), and a photo similar to the diagram below resulted.

Capture.PNG

(a) was the motion of the mass uniform? WHY?

(b) at position X on the diagram, the flash frequency instantly changed to 3Hz (3 flash photos per second). Show by crosses on the above diagram the next three positions of the mass.

Homework Statement

Physics news on Phys.org
How do you understand "uniform motion"? What is its definition and what does it mean to you?

Related to Solving Circular Motion Problems: Uniformity and Changing Flash Frequency

1. What is the purpose of physics homework?

The purpose of physics homework is to reinforce and apply the concepts learned in class, as well as to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills.

2. How can I improve my understanding of physics while doing homework?

To improve your understanding of physics while doing homework, it is important to actively engage with the material, take notes, and seek help when needed. It can also be helpful to practice problems and review past assignments.

3. Why is it important to show your work in physics homework?

Showing your work in physics homework is important because it allows you to receive partial credit for your efforts, helps you identify and correct any mistakes, and allows your teacher to see your thought process and provide feedback.

4. How can I manage my time effectively when completing physics homework?

To manage your time effectively when completing physics homework, it can be helpful to break down the assignment into smaller, manageable tasks, set a schedule, and eliminate distractions. It is also important to start early and not wait until the last minute.

5. What resources are available to help me with my physics homework?

There are many resources available to help with physics homework, including textbooks, online tutorials, study groups, and tutoring services. Your teacher or professor may also be available for extra help or clarification on concepts.