Solving a Diff. Eq. Involving Primitive of sen x^3

In summary, the conversation is about solving a differential equation that involves finding the primitive of sen x^3. The problem is unclear, as the textbook does not use parentheses and it is not specified whether the sin is supposed to be cubed. The use of the Bernoulli formula is suggested to solve the equation, but the resulting integral is not just sin(x^3). The conversation ends with a suggestion to use a change of variables.
esmeco

Homework Statement

I'm stuck trying to solve a differential equation at the point i need to calculate the primitive of sen x^3

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

I've thought on primitives by parts but I don't know how will I do it...

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't think you have any hope of expressing that in terms of elementary functions.

So you say it's not possible to solve that primitive??That is strange...maybe it was the books' author fault...

If by primitive you mean integral, yes. Maybe you could post your differential equation and your attempt to solve it. That step might not be necessary.

The differential equation is: y' + (2/x)*y=cuberooty*sen x^3

What you mean on the right hand side is massively unclear. Is it:

[tex] y^{1/3} sin(x^3) [/tex]

well the y part you've wrote is ok but my doubt is in the x^3,because there aren't any parenthesis in my textbook so I don't know if they meant sin (x^3) or (sin x)^3!

Usually, [itex]\sin x^3=\sin(x^3)[/itex], whereas [itex]\sin^3 x=sin^3(x)[/itex]. If your book doesn't use parentheses, try to figure out what is meant by context (as in, say, an example problem).

It only says to solve the differential equation...And we have to use the Bernoulli formula to solve it...But if it's put like sin x^3 I don't know how to solve it...

You do want to use the Bernoulli form to start solving it. Do this change of variables first and show what you get. What you have to integrate in the end will not be just sin(x^3).

What I have to integrate in the end is: (2/3)*sen x^3 *4x

Why do you keep saying "sen"? I'm not sure I believe that that is what you really have to integrate - but you're not showing any intermediate work, so I can't really comment. But even so, you don't have to integrate sin(x^3). It's already something else.

I(x)= e^(primitive(4/3x))=e^4/3*ln(3x)=4x

Z=y^2/3
Z'=2/3*(y^-1/3)*y'

y'*(y^-1/3) + (2/x)*y^2/3=sin x^3 <=> 3/2*Z' + 2/x*Z=sin x^3 <=>

Z' + (4/3x)*Z=2/3*sin x^3

I'm not sure what rules you are using on I(x), but I don't think they are right. Try using a*ln(x)=ln(x^a).

Related to Solving a Diff. Eq. Involving Primitive of sen x^3

1. What is a differential equation?

A differential equation is an equation that relates a function to its derivatives. It represents a relationship between a function and its rate of change.

2. What is a primitive of a function?

A primitive, also known as an antiderivative, of a function is a function whose derivative is equal to the original function. It is essentially the inverse operation of differentiation.

3. How do I solve a differential equation involving a primitive of sen x^3?

To solve this type of differential equation, you can use the method of integration by parts. First, rewrite the equation to separate the primitive function. Then, use the integration by parts formula to solve for the primitive function.

4. What is sen x^3?

Sen x^3 is the Spanish abbreviation for the trigonometric function sine raised to the power of 3. It can also be written as sin^3 x or (sin x)^3.

5. Can I use a calculator to solve this type of differential equation?

No, a calculator is not necessary to solve a differential equation involving a primitive of sen x^3. You can use the integration by parts method and basic algebraic manipulation to solve it by hand.