Solving 4(2x-1)=3(3x+2): Step 1-3

• MHB
  • Thread starter aarce
  • Start date
In summary, the given problem is 4(2x-1)=3(3x+2). The solution involves rearranging the equation and isolating the variable on one side while keeping the constants on the other side. The final step is to solve for the variable by finding its value, which in this case is -10.
aarce
I have been given to solve:

4(2x-1)=3(3x+2)

Here is my work so far:

step 1: 8x-4=9x+6
step 2: -x=10
step 3: ?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I have edited your post to include the given problem within the body of the post...this makes things more clear for everyone.

Your steps so far look perfect...what would happen if you now multiplied both sides by $-1$?

You just try to solve your problem like this:-
Problem: 4(2x-1)=3(3x+2)

Solution= 8x-4=9x+6
You just take the variable to one side and constant to other side
=-6-4=9x-8x
=-10=x
=x=-10
So the value of x is equal to -10.

Related to Solving 4(2x-1)=3(3x+2): Step 1-3

1. What is the first step in solving this equation?

The first step is to distribute the numbers outside the parentheses to the terms inside. This will result in 8x - 4 = 9x + 6.

2. Why is it important to follow the steps in order when solving an equation?

Following the steps in order ensures that each step is completed correctly and that the solution is accurate. It also helps to avoid mistakes and confusion.

3. What is the purpose of Step 1 in solving this equation?

The purpose of Step 1 is to simplify the equation by distributing the numbers outside the parentheses. This allows us to eliminate parentheses and combine like terms, making the equation easier to solve.

4. Can I skip Step 1 and move on to Step 2?

No, it is not recommended to skip steps when solving an equation. Each step builds upon the previous one and skipping a step can lead to mistakes or an incorrect solution.

5. What should I do if I get a different answer than the one provided in Step 3?

If you get a different answer, it is important to go back and check your work. Make sure you followed each step correctly and that there are no mistakes. If you are still getting a different answer, you may need to try a different approach or seek help from a teacher or tutor.