Solve 2 Equations: 8x-4=9x+6,-x=10

• MHB
  • Thread starter aarce
  • Start date
In summary, the given problem is to find the sum of two complex numbers, (-9+3i) and (4+5i). The solution involves transferring the imaginary and real parts to opposite sides and solving for the imaginary unit i. The final answer is expressed in the form a+bi, where i is the imaginary unit.
aarce
4(2x-1)=3(3x+2)

step 1: 8x-4=9x+6
step 2: -x=10
step 3: ?

Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Your thread title and post content show two different problems...which one is correct? And what have you tried? I ask because we can better give you help if we see what you have tried as this gives us an indication of where you're stuck or may be going wrong.

You can treat imaginary parts and real parts separately - they add in the same way "regular" numbers do. We'll be able to help you more if we know where you're stuck :)

Well the title of the thread is different from the post of the thread, it was previous post which I was solved few minutes ago.
But I will solve your problem.
Problem---> (-9+3i)+(4+5i)=?
-9+3i+4+5i=?
Transfer the imaginary no. to one side and real no. to other side
3i+5i=9-4
8i=5
i=5/8
I think my solution will help you.

GeraldArgue said:
Well the title of the thread is different from the post of the thread, it was previous post which I was solved few minutes ago.
But I will solve your problem.
Problem---> (-9+3i)+(4+5i)=?
-9+3i+4+5i=?
Transfer the imaginary no. to one side and real no. to other side
3i+5i=9-4
8i=5
i=5/8
I think my solution will help you.

I believe the OP was supposed to express the sum of the two given complex numbers in the form $a+bi$ where:

\(\displaystyle i\equiv\sqrt{-1}\)

:D

Related to Solve 2 Equations: 8x-4=9x+6,-x=10

What is the first equation?

The first equation is 8x-4=9x+6.

What is the second equation?

The second equation is -x=10.

What is the goal of solving these equations?

The goal is to find the value of x that makes both equations true.

How do you solve the first equation?

To solve the first equation, we need to get all the variables on one side and all the constants on the other side. This can be done by subtracting 8x from both sides, resulting in -4=x+6. Then, we subtract 6 from both sides to get x=-10.

How do you solve the second equation?

To solve the second equation, we simply divide both sides by -1. This results in x=-10.