Solve PowerShell Issues Quickly with Expert Help

• Thread starter Nate Duong
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of using PowerShell to change desktop backgrounds automatically. The main issue is that the code is not working on a 64-bit system due to attempting to use a 32-bit dll. The conversation suggests finding a 64-bit version of the dll or changing the PowerShell version to 64-bit. Another suggestion is to run the code as an administrator. The conversation also mentions changing the security policy to unrestricted and provides a link for more information. An alternative solution is suggested, which involves creating a desktop background slide show.
Nate Duong
Dear Group,
I am trying to use powershell to automatically change desktop back ground,

I had code and it worked (windows7 with 32 bit), but when I tried to put into different computer (windows7 with 64 bit) the code did not work and it showed the message. (images 1a and 1b below),

Do you have any ideal to help me out? I also have an image which code is included?
1a.JPG
1b.JPG
1c.JPG

Thank you,

Nate Duong.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Your code shows that you're attempting to use a 32 bit dll on your 64 bit system. Do you have a 64 bit version that you can use instead?

Borg said:
Your code shows that you're attempting to use a 32 bit dll on your 64 bit system. Do you have a 64 bit version that you can use instead?
Borg,
If I do not have it, how can I download powershell version with 64 bit?

Borg said:
Actually, when I right click and choose option "run with powershell". the software is run fine.

But when I created .bat file such as:

@Echo off
powershell.exe C:\Users\ngoc\Desktop\FINDER_PGM\ChangeDesktopOffice.ps1
cd c:\finder_pgm\radarcmd_finder
copy office.rdf default.rdf

the CMD window showed up and showed that message.

Do you have any ideal?

Thank you, Borg

Nate Duong said:
Actually, when I right click and choose option "run with powershell". the software is run fine.

But when I created .bat file such as:

@Echo off
powershell.exe C:\Users\ngoc\Desktop\FINDER_PGM\ChangeDesktopOffice.ps1
cd c:\finder_pgm\radarcmd_finder
copy office.rdf default.rdf

the CMD window showed up and showed that message.

Do you have any ideal?

Thank you, Borg
Have you tried running the .bat file as an administrator?

Borg said:
Have you tried running the .bat file as an administrator?
yes, I have tried with administrator, it showed the same message.

Then I'm not sure what the answer is. I haven't worked much with the power shell tools. I tried a simple Google search and ran across this article on Power Shell Versions. You do need to take care with respect to the 32 and 64 bit operating systems.

Likes Imager

Related to Solve PowerShell Issues Quickly with Expert Help

1. What is PowerShell and why is it important for solving issues?

PowerShell is a task automation and configuration management framework from Microsoft. It allows users to automate administrative tasks and manage system configurations, making it an essential tool for troubleshooting and solving issues quickly.

2. What are common issues that can be solved with PowerShell?

Common issues that can be solved with PowerShell include system errors, application crashes, and configuration problems. It can also be used to troubleshoot network connectivity issues, security concerns, and software installation problems.

3. How can expert help with PowerShell issues benefit me?

Expert help with PowerShell issues can save you time and frustration by quickly identifying and resolving complex problems. They have extensive knowledge and experience with the tool, allowing them to provide efficient and effective solutions.

4. What should I look for in an expert for PowerShell issues?

When seeking expert help with PowerShell issues, look for individuals who have a proven track record of successfully solving similar problems. They should also have a deep understanding of the tool and be able to effectively communicate and explain solutions to you.

5. Can PowerShell issues be prevented?

While some issues may be unavoidable, many can be prevented by regularly updating and maintaining your system, as well as following best practices for using PowerShell. It is also helpful to have a basic understanding of the tool and its capabilities.