Solve Derivative: Tips & Strategies

• Thread starter kyu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Derivative
In summary, a derivative is a mathematical concept used to represent the rate of change of a function at a specific point. It is important because it helps us analyze the behavior of a function and make predictions about its future values. To solve a derivative, one must use rules of differentiation and identify the type of function being worked with. Tips for solving derivatives include understanding basic rules, practicing with various functions, and using algebraic manipulation. Calculators can also be used, but a strong understanding of the concepts is necessary. To improve derivative solving skills, practice and seeking help from a tutor or study group are recommended.
kyu

how should i go on?

Attachments

• lim.jpg
    lim.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 401
  • 2014-06-24 20.15.32.jpg
    2014-06-24 20.15.32.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 460
Physics news on Phys.org
The second line is wrong.

ehild

oops i forgot the minus sign.. what should i do after that?

Multiply both numerator and denominator by 1/√3+1/(√3+x2).

And please type in your work.

ehild

Related to Solve Derivative: Tips & Strategies

1. What is a derivative and why is it important?

A derivative is a mathematical concept that represents the rate of change of a function at a specific point. It is important because it allows us to analyze the behavior of a function and make predictions about its future values.

2. How do I solve a derivative?

To solve a derivative, you need to use the rules of differentiation, such as the power rule, product rule, and chain rule. You also need to identify the type of function you are working with and use the appropriate method to find its derivative.

3. What are some tips for solving derivatives?

Some tips for solving derivatives include understanding the basic rules of differentiation, practicing with a variety of functions, and using algebraic manipulation to simplify expressions before differentiating. It is also helpful to check your work by graphing the function and its derivative.

4. Can I use a calculator to solve derivatives?

Yes, there are many online resources and calculators available that can help you solve derivatives. However, it is important to have a strong understanding of the concepts and techniques involved in order to use these tools effectively.

5. How can I improve my derivative solving skills?

The best way to improve your derivative solving skills is through practice. Work on a variety of problems and challenge yourself with more complex functions. You can also seek help from a tutor or join a study group to get additional support and feedback.