Solutions to Griffith's Quantum Mechanics?

In summary, the conversation involves a student seeking answers to their homework problems, but is unable to access the solutions manual. There is a discussion about whether it is acceptable to use the solutions manual and a request for a moderator to address a potential issue with a user posting on their behalf. The overall conversation is against the guidelines of the forum, which do not support cheating in any form.
Noone1982
No, I don't want an easy way out on my homework. I just want to know if I'm doing it right.

As it is, these problems have many parts and getting part "A" wrong means I get the subsequent problems wrong. If Griffith's only put answers in the back of the book, but no, he decided not to.

Anyhow, does anyone know where I can just get the answers? (not solutions, just answers)

Physics news on Phys.org
There is a solutions manual, but it's only available to professors. I would think that if you get the wrong answer for the first part of a question, but the other parts are correctly derived from it, you will get full credit for them. I'm actually a grader for a class that uses this book, and that's the way I do it.

i need that solution set tooo!

yeaaaahhh... this Noone1982 guy posted this, but I'm getting emails for it.

In fact, ZapperZ gave me a warning for it, and didn't reply to my message stating it wasn't me.

Would a moderator please resolve this?

Noone1982 said:
No, I don't want an easy way out on my homework. I just want to know if I'm doing it right.

As it is, these problems have many parts and getting part "A" wrong means I get the subsequent problems wrong. If Griffith's only put answers in the back of the book, but no, he decided not to.

Anyhow, does anyone know where I can just get the answers? (not solutions, just answers)
Why don't you just post your question and the solution you are arriving at and show us where you are getting stuck? I am sure someone here will help you out.

Edit: I forgot to notice, this is an old thread. :biggrin:

Last edited:
From the Global Guidelines (see link in my signature), which you all agreed to on signing up for your account here at PF:

rules said:
We do not support cheating in any form: Do not ask for solution manuals, answers to exams, or instructor's manuals.

Thus, this thread is done.

Related to Solutions to Griffith's Quantum Mechanics?

1. What is the main concept behind Griffith's Quantum Mechanics?

The main concept behind Griffith's Quantum Mechanics is to provide a mathematical framework for understanding the behavior of particles on a microscopic scale. It describes the wave-like behavior of particles and the probabilistic nature of their properties.

2. What are some common applications of Griffith's Quantum Mechanics?

Griffith's Quantum Mechanics has a wide range of applications in various fields such as solid-state physics, nuclear physics, and quantum chemistry. It is used to understand the behavior of electrons in a crystal lattice, the structure of atoms and molecules, and the behavior of particles in nuclear reactions.

3. How does Griffith's Quantum Mechanics differ from classical mechanics?

The key difference between Griffith's Quantum Mechanics and classical mechanics is that the former takes into account the wave-like behavior of particles, while the latter assumes particles to have definite positions and velocities. Additionally, classical mechanics follows deterministic laws, while quantum mechanics is based on probabilities.

4. What are some challenges in understanding Griffith's Quantum Mechanics?

One of the main challenges in understanding Griffith's Quantum Mechanics is the concept of wave-particle duality, which states that particles can exhibit both wave-like and particle-like behavior. This can be difficult to conceptualize and leads to counterintuitive results. Additionally, the mathematics involved in quantum mechanics can be complex and require a strong background in advanced mathematics.

5. How has Griffith's Quantum Mechanics influenced modern physics?

Griffith's Quantum Mechanics has had a significant impact on modern physics, providing the foundation for various fields such as quantum field theory, quantum optics, and quantum computing. It has also led to the development of many technologies, including transistors, lasers, and superconductors, which have revolutionized the way we live and communicate in the modern world.