Solución a Problema de Viga y Corredores

• Thread starter madin
  • Start date
In summary, the problem is that the width of the second corridor needs to be small enough so that the steel beam can pass through it.
madin
the problem is

Una viga tiene 25m de largo, y un corredor, cuya anchura es de 13m, comunica con otro corredor que se encuentra perpendicular al primero ¿Qué anchura mínima tiene que tener el segundo corredor para que pueda pasar la viga del primer corredor al segundo?

sorry i don't know how translate into english better
someone please help?

Physics news on Phys.org
You have a steel beam, 25m long.
A corridor, 13m wide.
A second corridor, perpendicular to the first.
How WIDE must the second corridor be to allow the steel beam to pass through?

Translate, this is very basic. thanks

Draw a picture. Draw the first corridor as two parallel lines, say vertical. Draw the second corridor as two horizontal parallel line meeting the first two. Now draw the "steel bar" (a single line) just] making it around the corner- that should extend from one outer wall, touch the corner where the inner walls meet to the outer wall.

You should see two right triangles. One of them has a side of length 13 m. If the angle the bar makes with the wall is θ so the length of the hypotenuse (length of the bar in that corridor is 13/sin(θ). Okay, the length of the hypotenuse of the other right triangle is the length of the steel bar minus that: 25- 13/sin(θ).
Since the angle the bar makes with the opposite wall is the complement of θ, if we call the width of the other corridor (which is what we are trying to find), x, then we have x/cos(θ)= 25- 13/sin(θ). Now the problem is to find the SMALLEST corridor that will allow the bar to go around the corner. Write x as a function of θ and find the value of θ that minimizes x and find the value of x corresponding to that.

Is answer 5.25?

Last edited:
I get about 8.45 meters.

We can't tell what you did wrong if you don't show us what you did!

i am so confused.. maybe i am readying what you wrote wrong, is there a way to do this without law of cosins and sins

sry for horrible english!

is it okay to ask how you receive your answer?

Why assume a 45 degree angle?

equation for minimum: x^{2/3} + 13^{2/3} = 25^{2/3}.
solving for x gives: x = (25^{2/3} - 13^{2/3})^{3/2} \approx 5.251080936.

what is the target function and not only the first order conditions, how to get there and, the most important thing What is the basic premise, to say, what is true problem? If someone could help me with this.. i'd really appreciate it. unles i am wrong

May I have some comment please?

Is there a way to make this into one simple equation?

Related to Solución a Problema de Viga y Corredores

1. What is the "Solución a Problema de Viga y Corredores"?

The "Solución a Problema de Viga y Corredores" is a mathematical solution to a common engineering problem involving beams and supports. It is used to determine the deflection and stress of a beam supported by multiple points, known as corredores.

2. How does the "Solución a Problema de Viga y Corredores" work?

The solution involves using mathematical equations and principles of mechanics, such as equilibrium and compatibility, to calculate the reactions, deflection, and stress of the beam. It takes into account the geometry and material properties of the beam and supports to determine the most accurate solution.

3. What are the main advantages of using the "Solución a Problema de Viga y Corredores"?

One of the main advantages of this solution is its accuracy. It takes into account all the relevant factors of the problem, such as loading, geometry, and material properties, to provide a precise result. It is also a time-saving tool, as it eliminates the need for trial and error methods or manual calculations.

4. Can the "Solución a Problema de Viga y Corredores" be used for any type of beam and support configuration?

Yes, the solution can be applied to different types of beams, including cantilever, simply supported, and overhanging beams, as well as various support configurations, such as fixed, pinned, and roller supports. However, some assumptions and restrictions may apply depending on the specific problem.

5. Are there any limitations to the "Solución a Problema de Viga y Corredores"?

While the solution is a powerful tool for solving beam and support problems, it may not be suitable for all situations. It assumes linear elastic behavior of the beam and supports, neglects the effects of shear deformation, and does not consider dynamic loading. Therefore, it is important to use engineering judgment and consider the limitations before applying the solution.