Solar Eclipse on Feb 15, 2018 | Time and Date

• Stargazing
  • Thread starter Space_Girl
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Eclipse
Antarctica on February 15th, 2018 and hopes to see it, but unfortunately he is not traveling to Antarctica. He plans to watch the live stream of the eclipse instead. There may not be many people in Antarctica to view the eclipse due to its location. However, Dave mentions that there will be a total solar eclipse in 2024 that will cross Mexico and the USA. In summary, there will be a partial solar eclipse over Antarctica on February 15th, 2018 and Dave plans to watch the live stream since he is unable to travel to Antarctica. There will also be a total solar eclipse in 2024 that will cross Mexico and the USA.
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Over Antarctica! Interesting!

Likes Space_Girl
Likes Space_Girl and ISamson
I hope that I will get to see it :)

Space_Girl said:
I hope that I will get to see it :)

are you traveling to Antarctica ??

Likes Space_Girl
lol no . Wished I could see the eclipse though :) but going to wait for NASA live stream I guess

Space_Girl said:
but going to wait for NASA live stream I guess

they mite, but since it is only a partial eclipse, they may not bother

if you are in the USA, there is a total solar eclipse that crosses Mexico and the USA in 2024

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/map/2024-april-8#Dave

Likes Space_Girl

Related to Solar Eclipse on Feb 15, 2018 | Time and Date

1. What is a solar eclipse?

A solar eclipse occurs when the moon passes between the sun and Earth, blocking the sun's light and casting a shadow on parts of Earth.

2. When will the solar eclipse on Feb 15, 2018 occur?

The solar eclipse will occur on Feb 15, 2018 at approximately 1:51 PM UTC. However, the exact time and duration of the eclipse will vary depending on your location.

3. Where will the solar eclipse on Feb 15, 2018 be visible?

The solar eclipse on Feb 15, 2018 will be visible in parts of South America, the Pacific, the Atlantic, and Antarctica. The path of totality, where the sun is completely blocked by the moon, will pass over southern Chile and Argentina.

4. Is it safe to look directly at the solar eclipse?

No, it is not safe to look directly at the solar eclipse without proper eye protection. The intense light from the sun can cause eye damage, even during an eclipse. It is important to use special eclipse glasses or other approved viewing methods to safely observe the eclipse.

5. How often do solar eclipses occur?

Solar eclipses occur approximately every 18 months, but they are not visible from all parts of Earth every time. It is estimated that a solar eclipse can be seen from a specific location on Earth about once every 375 years.