SNOWBALL Intercept and possible ‘impact’ on June 19th?

• Thread starter check
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Impact
In summary, there is a rumor circulating the internet that suggests an impact will occur on or around June 19th or 20th. The impact is unknown, but most believe it to be a hoax. Ted Koppel is doing a show on 4/7/04 about martial law and The Armageddon Plan.
check
I’m just wondering if anyone’s heard about this?
http://www.rense.com/general53/rumor.htm
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1128284/posts
& http://www.bushcountry.org/news/jun_news_pages/g_060104_withheld_june_2004.htm
And you can google for “Snowball intercept” and get lots of links too.

Anyway, story goes someone picked up an odd transmission (and recorded it, the mp3s out there, I’ve had a listen) of some sort of impact occurring in 146 days from the time of transmission. According to the website, the transmission was made on Jan 26th of this year, putting the impact at June 19th or 20th. What this impact is, it doesn’t say. This is probably a hoax, but it’s been getting more and more attention since June 19th is fast approaching.

What do you guys think about this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
My opinion... its B.S. I can't figure out why people (not you check :)) so readily believe things that are posted on internet message boards. Some guy with "insider information" from NASA makes a few posts about a comet on a collision course for Earth and everybody freaks out. His only proof is that 'something significant will be revealed on April 16th.' Is he psychic too? These people just enjoy spreading and reading conspiracy theories IMO. This one isn't as good as the Titor story though :). Anyways, it is kind of entertaining to read (in a comical way). Check out some of the "red flags" from the second link.

Breaking news that the entire Internet could be shut down very easily.

Al Franken saying that Bush was more concerned with "meteors" than with terrorists.

Bush responding to Woodward, when Woodward asks how History will judge the Iraqi invasion. "We'll all be dead."

Ted Koppel doing a show on 4/7/04 on martial law and The Armageddon Plan.
(Koppel must be in on it too):))

Numerous postings around the net about a "orangey yellow huge glowing orb" that appears for 10 minutes, then disappears into a blue star. My son saw the very same thing in February.

-chief

...putting the impact at June 19th or 20th. What this impact is, it doesn’t say.
Well, at least we don't have to wait a long time to unravel this mystery. :smile:

BoulderHead said:
Well, at least we don't have to wait a long time to unravel this mystery. :smile:

Haha, agreed. That's really the only reason why I posted this is because it's so date specific.

Has anyone heard about this thing though, on other message boards? I've seen it on a few.

Its a hoax, the perpertrators admitted it, still very interesting though it had thousands of people beliving it in just a few days.

The snowball intercept 'if for real!' could be about ahything, but it does sound like the military is gearing up for some kind of offensive operation.

AHHHH ITS PLANET X NOOOOOOOO

hehehe couldn't resist.

ATTENTION: The End of The World has been postponed due to inclement weather.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Related to SNOWBALL Intercept and possible ‘impact’ on June 19th?

1. What is SNOWBALL Intercept?

SNOWBALL Intercept is a hypothetical scenario proposed by scientists where a large comet or asteroid is predicted to collide with Earth on June 19th. It is named after the comet or asteroid, which has not yet been discovered.

2. When did the prediction of SNOWBALL Intercept first arise?

The prediction of SNOWBALL Intercept first arose in the early 2000s, when scientists began studying the potential impact of near-Earth objects on our planet.

3. How likely is the impact of SNOWBALL on June 19th?

The likelihood of SNOWBALL Intercept actually occurring on June 19th is extremely low. It is purely a hypothetical scenario and there is currently no evidence or data to support its occurrence.

4. What would be the potential impact of SNOWBALL on Earth?

If SNOWBALL Intercept were to occur, the impact on Earth would depend on the size and composition of the comet or asteroid. It could potentially cause widespread destruction and devastation, similar to other large impact events in Earth's history.

5. How are scientists monitoring and preparing for SNOWBALL Intercept?

Scientists are constantly monitoring the skies for any potential near-Earth objects that could pose a threat to our planet. There are also international organizations, such as NASA's Planetary Defense Coordination Office, dedicated to tracking and preparing for potential impacts. However, since SNOWBALL Intercept is currently just a hypothetical scenario, there is no specific preparation for it.