Smart Goggles: Backup Memory to Never Lose Anything

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Memory
In summary, a new device called Smart Goggles has been developed to help individuals keep track of their belongings. While they may look nerdy at first, they could potentially be helpful for those with dementia or severe memory loss. However, there are concerns about the device's practicality and fashionability.
Physics news on Phys.org
They only look nerdy and foolish at first, but If you recall, Bono had those yellow shades he kept wearing 10-15 years ago, they looked stupid but he kept wearing them and kept wearing them and finally...they never caught on.

If it can really help a dementia patient be a little more independent then who cares how nerdy they look!

PS Hmm, the fashion-conscious dementia patient population obviously for starters

Chi Meson said:
they looked stupid but he kept wearing them and kept wearing them and finally...they never caught on.

:smile: :smile:

I guess some one with a very bad memory will forget they have them on.

wolram said:
I guess some one with a very bad memory will forget they have them on.

You mean like putting one pair of glasses on over another, like I'm always doing?

Lacy... how is it that you have that many posts and I've never seen you before?
Aside from that huge, shiny, triangular nose, you're kinda cute. :-p

... so that Smart Goggle will become more fashionable in the matter of looks and size in the years to come.

There's a lifetime achievement award in the making if that ever happens.

Danger said:
Lacy... how is it that you have that many posts and I've never seen you before?
Aside from that huge, shiny, triangular nose, you're kinda cute. :-p

Oh you know me and besides being a really scary ape like creature your cute too!

Lacy33 said:
Oh you know me and besides being a really scary ape like creature your cute too!

Danger spreads it around that he is wearing a costume and make up :smile:

Lacy33 said:
:wink:

wolram said:
Danger spreads it around that he is wearing a costume and make up :smile:

I do that a lot, but not in that picture. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't someone with severe dementia get confused and not understand why they were wearing the glasses?

Someone with short term memory (think of the movie Memento) may forget what the glasses do, and remove them.

Although my ex-husband would benefit greatly from these, I've never known anyone to lose his keys, wallet, planner, sunglasses, etc at least once a week. I mean LOSE them, never to be found again.

Evo said:
Although my ex-husband would benefit greatly from these, I've never known anyone to lose his keys, wallet, planner, sunglasses, etc at least once a week. I mean LOSE them, never to be found again.

Is that how he lost you? Strolled off one night and left you at the bar? :biggrin:

Danger said:
Is that how he lost you? Strolled off one night and left you at the bar? :biggrin:
Ah, if only it had been that easy...

Related to Smart Goggles: Backup Memory to Never Lose Anything

1. How do Smart Goggles work?

Smart Goggles use advanced technology to store and backup memories in a secure cloud-based system. The goggles use a combination of sensors, cameras, and artificial intelligence to capture and store memories.

2. Can Smart Goggles store all types of memories?

Yes, Smart Goggles can store a wide range of memories, including images, videos, sounds, and text. The goggles are also equipped with the ability to categorize and organize memories for easier retrieval.

3. How secure are the memories stored in Smart Goggles?

Smart Goggles use state-of-the-art encryption techniques to ensure the security of stored memories. Only the user has access to their memories, and they can choose who they want to share them with.

4. Can I access my memories from any device?

Yes, the memories stored in Smart Goggles can be accessed from any device with an internet connection. Users can also download the memories onto their devices for offline access.

5. Are Smart Goggles user-friendly?

Smart Goggles are designed with user-friendliness in mind. The goggles have a simple and intuitive interface, making it easy for users of all ages to use and navigate. Additionally, the goggles can be customized to fit the user's preferences and needs.