Slipping at Work: A Tale of Misfortune

In summary, Wolram slipped at work and injured his hand. He's trying to get over his wimpiness by drinking tea and eating cookies, but he feels worse every day.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
I sliped at work and did the splits, some thing my body just can not do, for a
while i feared for all my bits, but apart from some aches they still work, i have
a cold, my ankle hurts and my brand spanking new tooth has come out, i felt
like staying in bed this morning, i wish i had, but i guess that Mr fate would
just lay in wait and get me any how. :cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
(((Wolram)))

Have a nice cuppa. Put your feet up and turn on the telly.

I'm so sorry.

wolram said:
I sliped at work and did the splits, some thing my body just can not do, for a
while i feared for all my bits, but apart from some aches they still work, i have
a cold, my ankle hurts and my brand spanking new tooth has come out, i felt
like staying in bed this morning, i wish i had, but i guess that Mr fate would
just lay in wait and get me any how. :cry:
Oh, my poor wooly ram. :frown:

Pours some hot tea into wolram's computer, watch out, it's hot, I don't want you to burn your fingers.

Would you like some cookies?

Yes, now just relax, we'll take care of everything. :smile: You need a massage. :approve:

Evo said:
Oh, my poor wooly ram. :frown:

Pours some hot tea into wolram's computer, watch out, it's hot, I don't want you to burn your fingers.

Would you like some cookies?

Yes please, right now i need sympathy, tea, cookies any comfort i can get really
i have things that ache that never have before, and no one to give me a hug.

You think that's bad, i got sent home early cos i dropped an engine crane on my hand. Apparently its not broken but i have never seen my hand turn black as quick as that before.

Anyone tried typing one handed after they have gotten good at typing with both hands?

Andy said:
Anyone tried typing one handed after they have gotten good at typing with both hands?
I've never gotten as far as typing good with both hands. What's it like?

Pretty cool, just like typing with one hand but twice as fast.

Andy said:
You think that's bad, i got sent home early cos i dropped an engine crane on my hand. Apparently its not broken but i have never seen my hand turn black as quick as that before.

As much sympathy as wolram is getting for his wimpy problems, it's easy to understand why you rushed out and dropped an engine crane on your hand. Geez, are things ever going to be great for you! :-p

Let's see, what's the minimum injury I can sustain and still... :devil:

Hmmmm...Ouch! Evo, I got an owie! Could you kiss it and make it better?

Andy said:

Why were you carrying an engine crane. :confused:

Last edited:
We don't keep one at our garage, so i had to drive our van up to our other dealership to get their engine crane, and as i was lifting the crane into the van one of the legs swung around and landed on my hand. My fault for lifting it on my own though.

Andy said:
We don't keep one at our garage, so i had to drive our van up to our other dealership to get their engine crane, and as i was lifting the crane into the van one of the legs swung around and landed on my hand. My fault for lifting it on my own though.

I hope your hand gets better soon, certain tasks really need two.

Thank you very much, hopefully by tommorow all your aches and pains will be a distant memory.

The best tasks just require the one though.

mmmm toast

Smurf said:
mmmm toast

I much prefer crumpet

Related to Slipping at Work: A Tale of Misfortune

1. What caused the slip at work?

The slip at work was caused by a combination of factors, including a wet floor, improper footwear, and a lack of caution on the employee's part.

2. Was the employee injured from the slip?

Yes, unfortunately the employee sustained injuries from the slip at work. They were taken to the hospital for treatment and are currently recovering.

3. Could this have been prevented?

Yes, this slip at work could have been prevented if proper safety measures were in place, such as warning signs for a wet floor and enforcing the use of appropriate footwear.

4. Are slips at work common?

Unfortunately, slips at work are quite common and can happen in any workplace, regardless of the industry. It is important for employers to prioritize safety measures to prevent such incidents.

5. What can be done to prevent slips at work in the future?

To prevent slips at work, employers should implement and enforce safety protocols, such as regular floor cleanings and inspections, providing proper footwear, and educating employees on how to avoid slips and falls. It is also important for employees to stay vigilant and report any potential hazards to their employer.