Simple RL question with laplace

• Thread starter darwinharianto
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laplace
In summary, the conversation discusses a circuit with a resistor and inductor connected in series with a power supply. The voltage is initially 50 V, R = 10 ohm, and L = 0.2 H. The task is to find the current using Laplace transformation. The attempt involves transforming everything to s-domain and using nodal analysis. However, the resulting equation is incorrect and the correct equation is 250/s(s+50). The current is then found to be zero at time t = 0, which is expected due to the behavior of inductors when the voltage is switched on.
darwinharianto

Homework Statement

I have a circuit with resistor and inductor (RL) that is placed serial and a power supply.
the voltage is constant 50 V at t=0 , R=10 ohm, and L=0.2 H.
Find the I using laplace transformation

Homework Equations

-

The Attempt at a Solution

my attempt is transform everything to S-domain and with nodal analysis
so the equation go like this
50/(10+0.2S)=I(s)
so, 250/(S+50)=I(s)
then i transform it to t-domain
I(t)=250 e^(-50t)
at t=0
I(0)=250 e^0
so I(0)= 250
is this right?
i have V at 50 Volt, but the current become 250 A
am i doing it right?
thanks for the reply

Physics news on Phys.org
If you recall how inductors behave, you wouldn't expect the current to instantaneously go from zero to 250 Amps at time t = 0 when the voltage is switched on. So clearly something has gone awry in your workings.

Your voltage source should "turn on" at time t = 0, so it's really 50u(t) volts. In the s-domain that becomes 50/s ;)

Likes darwinharianto
ooh, so the equation go like this?

I(s)=250/s(s+50)
I(s)=5/s - 5/(s+50)
I(t)=5 - 5 e^ -50 t
then because t=0
then I(0) = 5-5 = 0
so because it haven't been started so the current would be 0
okay, thanks

Related to Simple RL question with laplace

1. What is Simple RL question with Laplace?

Simple RL question with Laplace is a type of reinforcement learning (RL) algorithm that uses the Laplace Transform method to solve problems. It involves modeling the environment as a continuous-time system and using the Laplace Transform to convert the differential equations into algebraic equations.

2. How does Simple RL question with Laplace work?

The algorithm works by finding a policy that maximizes the expected cumulative reward over a continuous time horizon. The Laplace Transform method is used to convert the continuous-time problem into a discrete-time problem, which can then be solved using standard RL techniques such as Q-learning or policy iteration.

3. What are the advantages of using Simple RL question with Laplace?

One advantage is that it allows for the use of continuous-time models, which can be more accurate in certain applications. Additionally, it can handle continuous state and action spaces, and can also handle systems with delays or time-varying dynamics.

4. What are some applications of Simple RL question with Laplace?

This algorithm has been applied to a variety of problems, including optimal control, dynamic resource allocation, and scheduling. It has also been used in robotics, finance, and other fields where continuous-time models are relevant.

5. Are there any limitations to using Simple RL question with Laplace?

One limitation is that it can be computationally expensive, especially for systems with complex dynamics. It also requires a good understanding of the underlying system and its parameters, as well as knowledge of the Laplace Transform method. Additionally, it may not outperform other RL algorithms in certain scenarios.