Sign In Problems: Common Issue or Bug?

• Thread starter Andre
  • Start date
In summary, users experienced login issues when trying to access the forum from another location due to a bug related to a recent upgrade. The forum administrator, Greg, is aware of the issue and is working to fix it. In the meantime, users are advised not to clear their cookies. Some users suspect that the issue may have been caused by a cyber attack, but it has been confirmed to be a glitch from the upgrade. Everything should be back to normal now, thanks to the efforts of the administrator.
Andre
Earlier today I wanted to sign in from another location. The gate keeper however told me that something was wrong with my password or username, that I had used up my attempts and that I had to wait 15 minutes.

Now I just got a mail from a friend, who has exactly the same problem. So maybe we have a bug here.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's related to the upgrade that Greg made last night. He's looking into it.

Thanks;

I guess, until then, don't clean out cookies.

Andre said:
Thanks;

I guess, until then, don't clean out cookies.

Why did I run ccleaner :(

Also why in the time it took me to make an account did 2 threads on the same thing appear :(

trollcast said:
Why did I run ccleaner :(

Also why in the time it took me to make an account did 2 threads on the same thing appear :(

LOL -- "trollcast" :smile:

Were we under attack? It said I had made more than 3 login attempts, and the IP address was connected to this forum.

Dickfore said:
Were we under attack? It said I had made more than 3 login attempts, and the IP address was connected to this forum.
No, it's just a glitch from the upgrade Greg did last night.

I'm sure it was those slimy Botspiders who tried to weave (worm??) their way into our hallowed site. Once again, after all these years, they never tire, those agents of Entropy and Malice..

Greg Bernhardt said:
Everything should be back to normal now.
You're the man Greg. Thanks for all the time you've been spending keeping us addicted members pacified. :smile:

Happened to me too, just assumed it was the upgrade and waited until it worked. If only people would do that for me. It wasn't a long wait. Job well done.

wind free I also had this problem a couple of days ago.

Related to Sign In Problems: Common Issue or Bug?

1. What causes sign in problems?

Sign in problems can be caused by a variety of factors, including incorrect login information, server issues, and bugs in the sign in process.

2. Are sign in problems a common issue?

Yes, sign in problems are a common issue that many users experience. They can be caused by technical issues or human error.

3. How can I fix sign in problems?

The first step to fixing sign in problems is to double check your login information and make sure it is correct. If the issue persists, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or contacting the website's technical support team for assistance.

4. Is it possible that sign in problems are caused by a bug?

Yes, sign in problems can be caused by bugs in the sign in process. These bugs can be fixed by the website's technical team once they are identified.

5. How can I prevent sign in problems in the future?

To prevent sign in problems, make sure to use a secure password and keep your login information up to date. It is also recommended to regularly clear your browser's cache and cookies to avoid technical issues.