Who Were the High-Profile Figures Sibel Edmonds Named in Her Deposition?

• News
  • Thread starter robertm
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Deposition
In summary: There needs to be a clear line drawn between politics and prosecution.There needs to be a clear line drawn between politics and national security.
robertm
http://www.bradblog.com/?p=7374#more-7374"

The deposition included criminal allegations against specifically named members of Congress. Among those named by Edmonds as part of a broad criminal conspiracy: Reps. Dennis Hastert (R-IL), Dan Burton (R-IN), Roy Blunt (R-MO), Bob Livingston (R-LA), Stephen Solarz (D-NY), Tom Lantos (D-CA), as well as an unnamed, still-serving Congresswoman (D) said to have been secretly videotaped, for blackmail purposes, during a lesbian affair.

High-ranking officials from the Bush Administration named in her testimony, as part of the criminal conspiracy on behalf of agents of the Government of Turkey, include Douglas Feith, Paul Wolfowitz, Marc Grossman, and others.

During the deposition --- which we are still going through ourselves --- Edmonds discusses covert "activities" by Turkish entities "that would involve trying to obtain very sensitive, classified, highly classified U.S. intelligence information, weapons technology information, classified Congressional records...recruiting key U.S. individuals with access to highly sensitive information, blackmailing, bribery."

She has been blocked from testifying multiple times by the Bush administration's Dept. of Justice for nearly eight years by the invocation of the State Secretes Privilege. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_Secrets_Privilege"

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Her name is Sibel Edmonds, not Edmon Sibel...

Whoops, fixed.

I'm sure it won't slip past Eric Holder - if it has merit.

WhoWee said:
I'm sure it won't slip past Eric Holder - if it has merit.
Is there anything in particular within in her deposition which you find disreputable? I'll wager that Holder will let this pass simply because it implicates far too many powerful interests than I'd expect him to be willing to confront.

kyleb said:
Is there anything in particular within in her deposition which you find disreputable? I'll wager that Holder will let this pass simply because it implicates far too many powerful interests than I'd expect him to be willing to confront.

Which "interests" are too powerful for Holder to confront?

I did not intend to suggest any are individually too powerful to confront, but rather that their combined power could likely be perceived by Holder as such.

Anyway, I'm still curious; as there anything in particular within in Edmond's deposition which you find disreputable?

Her story is certainly not a secret.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/10/25/60minutes/main526954.shtml

Again, as Holder conducts his investigation of the CIA and (hopefully Nancy Pelosi will have an opportunity to testify), who knows where the investigation will lead?

Some things should be above politics. There should be no wiggle room for politicians in the areas of national defense, health care, or honesty.

Charlie Rangel being the latest http://www.nypost.com/seven/08282009/news/regionalnews/oops__charlie_forgot_this_1m_house_186849.htm

Holder needs to be consistent in his prosecution of cases - not based on who may be implicated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Who Were the High-Profile Figures Sibel Edmonds Named in Her Deposition?

1. What is Sibel Edmond's Deposition?

Sibel Edmonds' Deposition is a sworn testimony given by former FBI translator Sibel Edmonds in a court case against the United States government. It contains classified information and details about her time working for the FBI and her allegations of government corruption.

2. Why is Sibel Edmond's Deposition important?

The deposition is important because it sheds light on potential government corruption and misconduct within the FBI. Sibel Edmonds has made numerous allegations about the mishandling of intelligence and cover-ups within the bureau, and her deposition provides evidence to support these claims.

3. Who is Sibel Edmonds and why was she giving a deposition?

Sibel Edmonds is a former FBI translator who was fired from her job in 2002 after reporting security breaches and misconduct within the bureau. She gave a deposition as part of a lawsuit she filed against the FBI for wrongful termination and retaliation.

4. What information is contained in Sibel Edmond's Deposition?

Sibel Edmonds' deposition contains information about her time working for the FBI, including details about specific cases and intelligence that she translated. It also includes allegations of government corruption and misconduct, and names specific individuals and agencies involved.

5. Is Sibel Edmond's Deposition public information?

Parts of the deposition have been made public, but a majority of it remains classified. The government has invoked the State Secrets Privilege to prevent its release, citing national security concerns. However, some portions of the deposition have been leaked and can be found online.

Back