Short, intensive physics/math courses

In summary, the individual is looking for a list of short, intensive physics and/or math courses offered around the world, specifically in the U.S. but also open to other locations. These courses should be 1-3 weeks in length and focused on a specific topic, with a high undergraduate or low graduate level. Any math courses should be related to physics or engineering. In response, Jedishrfu recommends an online site for short math courses, but Eric clarifies that they are looking for in-person courses at universities or private companies. They suggest checking out the US Particle Accelerator School and Perimeter Institute for seminars and lectures at graduate level, as well as qualification exams for new students that are highly intense.
Eric Schmidt
Hello,

I'd like to create a list of short, intensive physics and/or math courses offered around the world. I'm primarily focuses on the U.S. as that is where I live but for the sake of completeness, anywhere would be good. The courses I'm looking should be short, usually 1-3 weeks in length and highly focused on a specific topic (and very intense). The level should be high undergraduate in physics or low graduate. Any math courses should be somehow related to physics or engineering. Please provide at least the name of the course, a URL would be very helpful.

Thank you very much for your time.

Eric

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you jedishrfu. I apologize for being a little unclear.

The courses I'm looking for should be in-person, taught at either Universities or by private companies. An example would be USPAS (U.S. Particle Accelerator School) @ http://uspas.fnal.gov/.

Thank you,
Eric

This is from Perimeter Institute: http://pirsa.org/search

You can achieve lots of seminars and lectures,most of them are graduate level. But there are the ones, you can find them easily, which are for the new students that will enter some kind of a qualification exam there. They are highly intense as you seek.

Hope to enjoy.

Related to Short, intensive physics/math courses

1. What are short, intensive physics/math courses?

Short, intensive physics/math courses are courses designed to cover a large amount of material in a short period of time. These courses typically last anywhere from a few days to a couple of weeks and are meant to provide a condensed and focused learning experience.

2. Who are these courses intended for?

These courses are intended for individuals who have a basic understanding of physics and math concepts and want to deepen their knowledge or learn new skills in a short amount of time. They can be beneficial for students, professionals, or anyone looking to improve their understanding of these subjects.

3. What topics are typically covered in these courses?

The topics covered in these courses can vary, but they usually focus on fundamental concepts and principles in physics and math. Some common topics include mechanics, electricity and magnetism, calculus, and linear algebra. The specific topics covered will depend on the course and its intended audience.

4. How are these courses different from traditional courses?

Short, intensive physics/math courses differ from traditional courses in a few ways. Firstly, they are much shorter in duration and cover a larger amount of material. Additionally, these courses tend to be more focused and hands-on, with a greater emphasis on practical applications rather than theory. They also often have a smaller class size, allowing for more individualized attention from the instructor.

5. What are the benefits of taking a short, intensive physics/math course?

There are several benefits to taking a short, intensive physics/math course. These courses offer a condensed and focused learning experience, making them ideal for individuals who are short on time but still want to deepen their understanding of these subjects. They also allow for a more hands-on and practical approach to learning, which can be beneficial for individuals who prefer a more interactive learning experience. Additionally, these courses can be a great way to brush up on or learn new skills for personal or professional development.