Share & Discuss Random Physics & Math News: Where to Start?

In summary, the conversation is about where to post threads for discussing random physics and math news on the forum. The participants clarify that only mainstream science from accepted publications should be discussed and that a proper citation is required. The question about including news from arxiv is also addressed.
Digitalism
Sorry, I know this is probably the wrong place to ask this question, but where in this forum can we start threads to share and discuss random physics and math news?

Physics news on Phys.org
Digitalism said:
Sorry, I know this is probably the wrong place to ask this question, but where in this forum can we start threads to share and discuss random physics and math news?
Since we only discuss mainstream science published in accepted publications (as per the rules) which I do not show that you've read recently, :wink: if you have a question, or wish to discuss something from an accepted source, you would post your question, along with the citation to the source in the appropriate forum.

Okay, I will take a look at the rules. Does this include stuff from arxiv or does it actually have to be published?

edit: nevermind I found it under the rules.

Last edited:
I do think that news in acceptable sources should definitely be posted.

Related to Share & Discuss Random Physics & Math News: Where to Start?

1. What is the purpose of "Share & Discuss Random Physics & Math News: Where to Start?"

The purpose of "Share & Discuss Random Physics & Math News: Where to Start?" is to provide a platform for scientists, researchers, and enthusiasts to share and discuss the latest news and developments in the fields of physics and math. It serves as a community for individuals to engage in meaningful discussions and exchange knowledge and ideas.

2. How can I stay updated on the latest news and discussions in "Share & Discuss Random Physics & Math News: Where to Start?"

To stay updated, you can regularly visit the website or join the community's mailing list. You can also follow the community on social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.

3. Can I share my own research or findings in "Share & Discuss Random Physics & Math News: Where to Start?"

Yes, you are encouraged to share your own research or findings in the community. This can spark interesting discussions and collaborations with other members.

4. Are there any guidelines for posting in "Share & Discuss Random Physics & Math News: Where to Start?"

Yes, the community has guidelines for posting to ensure that discussions remain respectful and relevant. These guidelines can usually be found on the website or in the community's social media pages. It is important to follow these guidelines to maintain a positive and informative environment for all members.

5. How can I contribute to "Share & Discuss Random Physics & Math News: Where to Start?"

You can contribute to the community by actively participating in discussions, sharing interesting news and articles, and engaging with other members. You can also suggest ideas for improving the community or volunteer to moderate discussions and ensure that the community guidelines are being followed.