Settings for Different Devices?

• Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses whether settings in "My PF" are the same across different devices and if enabling push notifications on one device will affect another. It is mentioned that push notifications only work on Android phones and not on PCs due to restrictions from Apple. However, most other settings under the user account remain the same across devices.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi all,
Just curious as to whether settings in "My Pf" are uniform across devices or are set separately for each.
Specifically, I view PF on my PC sometimes, others on my phone. If I were, e.g., to enable notifications on
my phone, would that result in notifications enabled in my PC?

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Push notifications are delivered at the application browser/OS level.
Never heard of push notification on PC, but from what Greg says, if you enable them on your phone, they'll not be enabled implicitly for your PC. But most other settings under user account will remain same across devices.

Wrichik Basu said:
Never heard of push notification on PC
I have them working on my Windows 10. For mobile FYI they only work with an Andriod phone. Apple forbids push notifications via browser.

Likes WWGD and Wrichik Basu

Related to Settings for Different Devices?

1. What are "Settings for Different Devices"?

"Settings for Different Devices" refer to the various configurations and options available on electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, laptops, and computers. These settings allow users to customize their devices according to their preferences and needs.

2. Why is it important to adjust settings for different devices?

Adjusting settings for different devices is important because each device has its own unique features and capabilities. By adjusting the settings, users can optimize their device's performance and tailor it to their specific needs. It also ensures a better user experience and can improve accessibility for individuals with different abilities.

3. What are some common settings that can be adjusted on different devices?

Some common settings that can be adjusted on different devices include display settings (brightness, resolution), sound settings (volume, notifications), network settings (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth), security settings (passwords, biometrics), and accessibility settings (font size, color contrast).

4. Can settings be synced across different devices?

Yes, settings can be synced across different devices. This allows users to have a consistent experience across their devices. For example, if a user sets their preferred language on their smartphone, it can automatically be applied to their laptop as well.

5. How can I access the settings on my device?

The method for accessing settings may vary depending on the device, but it is typically found in the device's main menu or can be accessed through a dedicated settings app. On most devices, the settings can also be accessed by swiping down from the top of the screen or by pressing a designated button on the device.