Sensor and Amplifier analysis

In summary: The Attempt at a SolutionI have found Vin right just from the equation to be equal to 5V.But when I had to calculate the Vout I found to be 25V instead of 50V(given answer)Also on the other question where I have to find the output resistance, I think it will be 200ohms, but it is given to be 100Ohms. The logic I found here is the 2 final resistors to be calculated as Parallel and then I get the answer of 100Ohms.Also the final question where is said that if we remove the Rl the what should be the output resistance. And I think it will be 100 because of the Rout is 100Ohms but Again when the
gl0ck
Output resistance problem

Homework Statement

Hi,
I am not getting the answers right, and I think I misunderstand the logic behind this circuit.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/screenshotfvm.png/

Homework Equations

I know that the equation of Vin is Vin=(VsRin)/(Rs+Rin)
and the equation of Vout is Vout=(GVinRl)/(Rout+Rl)

The Attempt at a Solution

I have found Vin right just from the equation to be equal to 5V.
But when I had to calculate the Vout I found to be 25V instead of 50V(given answer)
Also on the other question where I have to find the output resistance, I think it will be 200ohms, but it is given to be 100Ohms. The logic I found here is the 2 final resistors to be calculated as Parallel and then I get the answer of 100Ohms. Also the final question where is said that if we remove the Rl the what should be the output resistance. And I think it will be 100 because of the Rout is 100Ohms but Again when the previous part is not correct with my logic I expect here to misunderstand something.

Thanks very much!

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

gl0ck said:
I have found Vin right just from the equation to be equal to 5V.
But when I had to calculate the Vout I found to be 25V
Also on the other question where I have to find the output resistance, I think it will be 200ohms, but it is given to be 100Ohms. The logic I found here is the 2 final resistors to be calculated as Parallel and then I get the answer of 100Ohms.
A parallel pair of 100Ω resistors does not make 100Ω.

The poor wording of the question is reprehensible.http://physicsforums.bernhardtmediall.netdna-cdn.com/images/icons/icon8.gif I think in (d) they should be asking you to determine the output impedance with RL in situ. Output impedance is going to have a value less than RL, anyway, so 200Ω can't possibly be right. (Side note: the only way to make output impedance greater than the load is through the use of positive feedback from the output, and as you can see, there is no feedback at all from the output.) This has the hallmarks of a trick question: what is the resistance connected across the output terminals of the amplifier. Well, with the amplifier being labelled as what's inside the box, anyone can see there's a 100Ω resistance connected across that box's terminals, so the logical answer must be 100Ω. But is that worth 3 marks? Unlikely, so I infer that what they asked is not what they intended to ask. For 3 marks they probably want you to determine the impedance measured across RL with RL in situ. And the answer won't be 100Ω.
Also the final question where is said that if we remove the Rl the what should be the output resistance. And I think it will be 100 because of the Rout is 100Ohms

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks,
sorry for the mistake the output resistance is given to be 50 Ohms.
which gives parallel pair of 2 100ohm resistors but I am not sure this is the right logic.

Related to Sensor and Amplifier analysis

What is a sensor?

A sensor is a device that detects and responds to a physical stimulus, such as light, temperature, pressure, or motion, and converts it into an electrical signal. It is used to measure and monitor changes in the environment or the behavior of a system.

What is an amplifier?

An amplifier is an electronic device that increases the strength of a signal. It takes a weak electrical signal, such as from a sensor, and amplifies it to a level that can be easily measured or used for further processing.

How do sensors and amplifiers work together?

Sensors and amplifiers work together to accurately measure and amplify signals from the environment. The sensor detects a physical stimulus and converts it into an electrical signal, which is then amplified by the amplifier. This amplified signal is then used for further analysis or processing.

What factors should be considered when analyzing a sensor?

When analyzing a sensor, factors such as sensitivity, accuracy, response time, and environmental conditions should be considered. The sensitivity and accuracy of a sensor determine how well it can measure a signal, while the response time determines how quickly it can detect changes. Environmental conditions, such as temperature and humidity, can also affect the performance of a sensor.

How can amplifier analysis improve sensor performance?

Amplifier analysis can help improve sensor performance by amplifying weak signals and filtering out noise. This can increase the accuracy and sensitivity of the sensor, allowing for more precise measurements. Additionally, amplifier analysis can also help in identifying and troubleshooting any issues with the sensor or the signal it is producing.