Self organizing systems : Conway's The Game of Life

In summary, the article discusses the idea that order and chaos can only have meaning because we give them meaning, and that process is evidently relativistic.
Imparcticle said:
So you're saying that there is something that is equal and opposite to a line? (i.e., a line that is an infinite set of points)

Um. I'm saying I didn't leave geometry undefined, and as well I didn't leave Newton's third law undefined.

As a matter of fact. You can translate the vertex, to the plane, to the vertex, and within this context, of possible translation. I have defined Geometry + Newton's third law = Unified stuff.

I said "Plane", and a bunch of other stuff. You should read what I typed out. Patiently, concidering every word. Kind of like right now.
:smile: :eek: :frown: :shy: :cry: :redface: :rolleyes:

Physics news on Phys.org
Imparcticle said:
I was wondering if it may be that what we see as order and balance are really not order and balance, but a state of fixed chaos.

As selfAdjoint wrote in his post, "equilibrium is a state of maximum disorder (maximum entropy, minimum free energy)". I think that other dictionary concepts of equilibrium are not applicable to the question that I suppose you pose here.
Equilibrium is a thermodinamyc concept. Change, evolution only have sense in a thermodynamic context: in the time's arrow.
The thermodynamics of irreversible processes (Ilya Prigogine...) is interesting as an explanation of how "order" can arise without contradiction with the second law. Such is the case of stationary status far from the equilibrium, which would be the case of biological systems.
I think that cellular automatons can be useful tools to simulation or to play. I don't have yet read the book of Wolfram. After its reading, it is possible that I think differently.