Seek a good online source of exercises and worksheets with answers and worked solutions in pre-calc

In summary, the individual is taking an adult-education course to learn pre-calc in 18 weeks with limited contact hours and is searching for additional online resources for exercises and worksheets. Several resources are suggested, including a paid site and a free one from MIT, as well as a recommendation for Bill Chen's Elementary Mathematics Notes.
DeusAbscondus
I'm doing an adult-education course this semester which aims to take the student from pre-calc to calc in 18 weeks.

The materials on offer at the course (for which I only have 3 contact hours a week) seem pretty slight to me.

Does anyone know of a good online source of exercises and worksheets with answers and worked solutions in pre-calc

Mathematics news on Phys.org
kanderson said:

Had a look and it seemed promising until I saw the cash register.
Sorry, should have stipulated "free" sites; I'm spoilt by Linux.

Thanks anyway.

Deus' Abs

DeusAbscondus said:
Had a look and it seemed promising until I saw the cash register.
Sorry, should have stipulated "free" sites; I'm spoilt by Linux.

This won't really help for precalc, but when you start getting into calculus, definitely take a look at MIT's OpenCourseWare. Many of their courses have free video lectures, assignments, and exams.

DeusAbscondus said:
I'm doing an adult-education course this semester which aims to take the student from pre-calc to calc in 18 weeks.

The materials on offer at the course (for which I only have 3 contact hours a week) seem pretty slight to me.

Does anyone know of a good online source of exercises and worksheets with answers and worked solutions in pre-calc

Chapters 1,3,4,5,6,7,8 and 9 of Bill Chen's Elementary Mathematics Notes

CB

Related to Seek a good online source of exercises and worksheets with answers and worked solutions in pre-calc

1. What is the best website to find exercises and worksheets for pre-calculus?

There are many websites that offer exercises and worksheets for pre-calculus, but some popular and reliable options include Khan Academy, Math-Aids.com, and MathisFun.com.

2. Are there any websites that provide answers and worked solutions for pre-calculus exercises?

Yes, many websites provide answers and worked solutions for pre-calculus exercises, including Khan Academy, Math Warehouse, and Math-Exercises.com.

3. Can I access these exercises and worksheets for free?

Some websites offer a limited selection of free exercises and worksheets, while others require a subscription or payment to access their full range of materials. It is important to research and compare different websites to find one that fits your needs and budget.

4. How often are the exercises and worksheets updated?

This varies from website to website. Some may update their material regularly, while others may not have frequent updates. It is important to check the date of the materials to ensure they are up-to-date.

5. Can I use these exercises and worksheets for studying or practicing outside of a classroom setting?

Yes, these exercises and worksheets can be used for self-study or extra practice outside of a classroom setting. They can also be helpful for review before exams or to strengthen understanding of pre-calculus concepts.