Second Bachelor or MS in Engineering for Ivy League Admission

• Thread starter piyowashere
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Bachelor
In summary, the speaker is currently studying industrial engineering in Peru and will graduate in 2 months. They have realized their interest in pursuing a more technical engineering field such as electrical engineering or computer science. They are considering either getting a second undergraduate degree or applying for a master's in EE or computer science in order to attend an Ivy League school. The speaker has financial support from their parents and has a high ranking in their class. They are also assisting a professor with a research project in nuclear physics. They are seeking advice on what their best course of action should be.
piyowashere
Hi i am studying industrial engineering in Peru and i will graduate in 2 months. I was young when i chose this major, and now i have realized i want to enroll into a more technical engineering involving technology. I was thinking electrical engineering or computer science.

My question is if i should go for a second undergraduate or apply for a ms in EE or computer science if i want to get into an ivy league school.

I have financial support from my parents and i will graduate in the top 5% of my class. Besides that i am helping a professor with a pHd in nuclear physics with a research project.
what should i do?

thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
if you're as loaded as you appear to be, upenn might offer you admittance without aid, so you would have to pay 100% of everything for the degree you are going for.

Related to Second Bachelor or MS in Engineering for Ivy League Admission

1. What is the difference between a second bachelor's degree and a master's degree in engineering?

A second bachelor's degree is a undergraduate degree that is earned after completing a first bachelor's degree. A master's degree, on the other hand, is a graduate degree that is earned after completing a bachelor's degree. The main difference is that a second bachelor's degree takes longer to complete and covers a broader range of topics, while a master's degree is more specialized and can typically be completed in a shorter amount of time.

2. Will having a second bachelor's degree or a master's degree in engineering increase my chances of getting into an Ivy League school?

Having a second bachelor's degree or a master's degree in engineering can certainly improve your chances of getting into an Ivy League school. These degrees demonstrate a high level of academic achievement and a commitment to the field of engineering, which are both qualities that Ivy League schools look for in their applicants.

3. Can I apply for a second bachelor's degree or a master's degree in engineering if my first degree is in a different field?

Yes, it is possible to pursue a second bachelor's degree or a master's degree in engineering even if your first degree is in a different field. However, it may require you to take additional prerequisite courses in order to catch up with the necessary knowledge and skills for the engineering program.

4. Are there any specific requirements for a second bachelor's degree or a master's degree in engineering for Ivy League admission?

Each Ivy League school may have slightly different requirements for their engineering programs, but in general, applicants will need to have a strong academic record, including high grades in math and science courses. Additionally, most schools will require applicants to submit standardized test scores such as the GRE or GMAT.

5. Is it worth pursuing a second bachelor's degree or a master's degree in engineering for Ivy League admission?

The decision to pursue a second bachelor's degree or a master's degree in engineering ultimately depends on your individual goals and circumstances. However, having a degree from an Ivy League school can open up many opportunities for career advancement and can also provide a strong network of alumni connections. It is important to weigh the potential benefits against the time and financial commitment required for the degree.