Seattle and Chihuahua trade weather

In summary, the weather in Seattle is much different than in Chihuahua. In Seattle it is hot and sunny, while in Chihuahua it is cold and rainy.
russ_watters
Mentor
So what the heck? I get down to Chihuahua (4 hours south of El Paso) and they have their first two rainy days of the year. Real rain - the kind with thunder and lightning and hail (see pic). Meanwhile Seattle is having what passes for a heat wave in the pacific northwest. Damnit, Seattle, I want my sun back!

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/news/2005-05-28-seattle-heat_x.htm
Chihuahua weather

edit: forgot the pic...

Attachments

• hail.jpg
    hail.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
They're just being nice and trying to keep you from getting sunburnt again. :biggrin:

We wish the sun would die here in Phoienix

yomamma said:
We wish the sun would die here in Phoienix
Send it my way! It's the end of May and I'm still cold! It's only about 70 degrees, and overcast and breezy. Brrrr. When does the 80 and 90 degree weather get here?

where are you moonbear?

It get over 110 degrees in the past few days. Today we get a nice 92

Moonbear said:
Send it my way! It's the end of May and I'm still cold! It's only about 70 degrees, and overcast and breezy. Brrrr. When does the 80 and 90 degree weather get here?

70?? YOU'RE LUCKY! bah, this stupid nor'easter sucks. Its been so cold and rainy, we've barely broke 60. today was sort of nice... actually got some sun... but it was breezy and meh... i want it to get hot... you know, like 80's woo, thatd be awesome.

Gale17 said:
70?? YOU'RE LUCKY! bah, this stupid nor'easter sucks. Its been so cold and rainy, we've barely broke 60. today was sort of nice... actually got some sun... but it was breezy and meh... i want it to get hot... you know, like 80's woo, thatd be awesome.
I agree, 80s would be ideal. It can drop down to 70 for the hour or two I need to spend mowing the lawn each week, but then I want it right back up at 80. I keep checking the trees for thermostats, but apparently someone decided I'd keep it cranked up too high all the time if I was given one. :biggrin:

70's are perfect for me, when it gets 80 or above it's uncomfortable.

you guys are so lucky! :cry: last summer it got to 118! We're expecting no less this summer either!

Related to Seattle and Chihuahua trade weather

1. How does the weather in Seattle compare to Chihuahua?

The weather in Seattle and Chihuahua have significant differences due to their geographical locations. Seattle experiences cool, wet winters and mild, dry summers, while Chihuahua has hot, dry summers and mild, cool winters.

2. Is there a specific time of year when trade weather between Seattle and Chihuahua is most noticeable?

The trade weather between Seattle and Chihuahua is most noticeable during the winter months, as Seattle experiences colder temperatures and Chihuahua experiences warmer temperatures due to the trade winds.

3. What causes the trade weather between Seattle and Chihuahua?

The trade weather between Seattle and Chihuahua is caused by the difference in air pressure and temperature between the two regions. This creates a flow of air from areas of high pressure (Seattle) to areas of low pressure (Chihuahua).

4. How does the trade weather affect the local ecosystems in Seattle and Chihuahua?

The trade weather can have a significant impact on the local ecosystems in both Seattle and Chihuahua. The cooler, wetter weather in Seattle allows for the growth of lush forests, while the warmer, drier weather in Chihuahua supports the growth of desert plants and animals.

5. Are there any other regions that are affected by the trade weather between Seattle and Chihuahua?

Yes, the trade weather between Seattle and Chihuahua can also have an impact on other regions, such as the Pacific Northwest and the southwestern United States. These regions may experience similar weather patterns due to the trade winds coming from Seattle and Chihuahua.

Back