Scalia's plan to relieve social tensions. Who knew?

• News
  • Thread starter plover
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Plan
In summary, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia made a statement during a Q&A session last week, expressing his belief that sexual orgies can help eliminate social tensions and should be encouraged. This was seen as a surprising and uncharacteristic comment for the typically conservative Scalia, but it was later clarified that his words were taken out of context and he had actually been making a hypothetical argument. The article that initially reported his statement has since issued a correction.
plover
Homework Helper
Supreme Court Justice and sexual rebel Antonin Scalia gave a http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=503540 last week. During the question and answer period, he offered a typically swingin' suggestion for a relaxed social life:
“I even take the position that sexual orgies eliminate social tensions and ought to be encouraged,” Scalia said.

Physics news on Phys.org
That's seriously the coolest thing I've ever heard anyone in public office say.

I had no idea he was such a fun-loving libertine.

Supreme Court Justice and sexual rebel Antonin Scalia
“I even take the position that sexual orgies eliminate social tensions and ought to be encouraged,” Scalia said.

Hahahaaa..oh man

That statement by Scalia strikes me as odd, and untypical of him. Anyways, I really dont' have the hots (intentional euphemism there) for Scalia, so I'll refrain from shooting my mouth off ...

On the paper, Scalia replied that his quote was taken out of context.

Drat, the first version was so much better. Apparently the article misquoted him and the original statement was:
I even accept for the sake of argument that sexual orgies eliminate social tensions and ought to be encouraged.
Here's the http://www.thecrimson.com/corrections.aspx for the paper.

Last edited by a moderator:
There...that's more like the Scalia I know and ... :devil:

I was just about to say the Supreme Court RULES!

I wonder how Ruth Bader Ginberg took the news.

Related to Scalia's plan to relieve social tensions. Who knew?

1. What is Scalia's plan to relieve social tensions?

Scalia's plan involves implementing stricter laws and punishments for those who engage in violent or disruptive behavior, as well as promoting traditional values and family structures.

2. How does Scalia's plan address the issue of social tensions?

Scalia believes that by enforcing stricter laws and promoting traditional values, individuals will be less likely to engage in behaviors that contribute to social tensions.

3. Who is supporting Scalia's plan?

Scalia's plan is supported by conservative politicians and individuals who believe in traditional values and a strict approach to law and order.

4. What are some potential criticisms of Scalia's plan?

Some may argue that Scalia's plan is too authoritarian and could lead to further division and tension in society. Others may argue that it ignores underlying systemic issues that contribute to social tensions.

5. How realistic is Scalia's plan to actually relieve social tensions?

The effectiveness of Scalia's plan is highly debated and there is no clear answer as to whether it will actually relieve social tensions. It may have some short-term impact, but long-term solutions may require a more comprehensive approach.