Saving a temporary draft while adding media

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Wrichik Basu
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulties of adding media files through a phone, particularly when the page reloads before the files are saved. The suggestion is made to add a feature for automatic draft saving in the media gallery, similar to the current feature for writing replies. This would make it easier to upload videos and allow the user to retrieve their draft if necessary.
Wrichik Basu
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
When I add media files, I mostly do it through phone. Now, a problem that I face is, if somehow, by chance, the page reloads before I save the media files, then whatever progress I had made, is lost.

Somebody may advise me to add few videos and save them before moving on to the next set. That may be easier on desktop. However, I generally add lecture courses. So, it becomes easier to add all the videos and rename them serially at one go.

There is a system of automatic draft saving while writing a reply to a thread. Can that feature be implemented to media gallery as well? For example, when the user is adding videos, the system can save the draft automatically at specified intervals. If the page reloads, or connection is lost, the draft is saved for him. When he returns later, the draft may be shown to him, and he may be asked whether to keep the draft, or to delete it.

This will make it easier to upload videos to the gallery.

Physics news on Phys.org
Wrichik Basu said:
Can that feature be implemented to media gallery as well?
The best I can do is suggest it to the developer. I'll see if it sticks.

Likes Wrichik Basu

Related to Saving a temporary draft while adding media

What is the purpose of saving a temporary draft while adding media?

The purpose of saving a temporary draft while adding media is to allow the user to save their progress in adding media to their project without losing any work. This way, if the user needs to take a break or accidentally closes the program, they can return to their draft and continue their work.

How do I save a temporary draft while adding media?

To save a temporary draft while adding media, you can usually click on a "Save" or "Save Draft" button within the program you are using. This will save your work so far and allow you to continue adding media later.

Can I access my temporary draft from another device?

It depends on the program you are using. Some programs may have a cloud storage feature that allows you to access your draft from multiple devices. Others may require you to manually transfer the draft to another device, such as through a USB drive or email.

Will my temporary draft be automatically deleted after a certain amount of time?

This also depends on the program you are using. Some programs may automatically delete temporary drafts after a certain amount of time to free up storage space. It is important to check the program's settings or instructions to see if this is the case.

Can I make changes to my temporary draft before finalizing it?

Yes, you can make changes to your temporary draft before finalizing it. This is the purpose of having a temporary draft - to allow for edits and revisions before the final version is created. Just remember to save your changes before closing the program to avoid losing any work.