SAS7_000.dat - What Is It & What Is It Attached To?

• Thread starter GreatEscapist
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a file called SAS7_000.dat found on a vista computer in the appdata roaming data. The person is unsure of where it came from and is asking for more information about it. They mention getting a virus in the past but do not believe it is related. They also provide a website that outlines file extensions.
GreatEscapist
Hey, I was cleaning out my computer, and noticed a file called SAS7_000.dat
I'm on a vista, and it's in my appdata roaming data, and don't remember seeing it before. A few weeks ago, I got a virus from a site (stupid rogue malware) but I took care of it, and cleaned up. So I doubt this has anything to do with it. (You may wonder why what I just said is relevant then- because I'm being cautious about anything in my computer =P)

I couldn't get much information from google, so if you could tell me what it is, and what .dat file it is attached to, that would be awesome! Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
This site outlines file extensions: http://filext.com/

Doesn't appear to be a virus.

Related to SAS7_000.dat - What Is It & What Is It Attached To?

1. What is SAS7_000.dat and what is it used for?

SAS7_000.dat is a file extension used by the statistical software SAS. It is used to store data in a structured format, making it easier to perform statistical analysis and generate reports.

2. How do I open a SAS7_000.dat file?

To open a SAS7_000.dat file, you will need to have SAS software installed on your computer. Once installed, you can use the "IMPORT" or "IMPORT DATA" function to load the file into SAS and access the data.

3. What types of data can be stored in a SAS7_000.dat file?

SAS7_000.dat files can store various types of data, including numeric, character, and date/time values. It can also store data in different formats, such as CSV, Excel, or HTML.

4. Can I edit a SAS7_000.dat file?

Yes, you can edit a SAS7_000.dat file using the SAS software. You can also use a text editor to make changes, but it is not recommended as it may alter the file's structure and make it unreadable by SAS.

5. Is a SAS7_000.dat file attached to a specific program or software?

SAS7_000.dat files are primarily used by the SAS software. However, they can also be opened and used by other statistical software programs that are compatible with SAS file formats.