's Search for Reviews on Two Books

In summary, two recommended books for studying Cryptography and System Engineering are "Dissapearing Cryptography S2- Information Hiding:Steganography and Watermarking" by Peter Wayner and "Linear Time Invariant Systems" by Martin Schetzen. However, some individuals have questioned the relevancy of steganography in modern cryptography. Other suggestions include "Applied Cryptography" by Bruce Schneier and "Cryptography for Dummies" for beginners. Additionally, "Mcdonald Among Us" is a free downloadable book on the topic.
TuThanh
I was advised to buy "Dissapearing Cryptography S2- Information Hiding:Steganography and Watermarking" by Peter Wayner and "Linear Time Invariant Systems" by Martin Schetzen. I am clueless as to whether they are good for me or not, I am studying about Cryptography and System Engineering...Anyone here has any reviews or advice for me about these two books ? Please post help me. Thanks a lot

Tu Thanh

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see how steganography is relevant to modern cryptography. You see from the title what it's about; disappearing inks and other techniques for hiding messages from sight. The old greek who shaved his slave's head and wrote a message on the guy's scalp, then let the hair grow back and sent the man to his friend, who knew to shave the head to read the message. Not exactly real-time, but it gives the idea. Not an algorithm in the bunch.

TuThanh said:
I am studying about Cryptography and System Engineering...Anyone here has any reviews or advice for me about these two books ? Please post help me. Thanks a lot
Tu Thanh
I haven't heard of the book you mentioned but something I can recommend is Applied Cryptography by Bruce Schneier; a cryptologist who clearly has a passion for the topic.

If you're a total beginner then Cryptography for Dummies.

Search amazon or google as well.

Last edited:
TuThanh said:
I was advised to buy "Dissapearing Cryptography S2- Information Hiding:Steganography and Watermarking" by Peter Wayner and "Linear Time Invariant Systems" by Martin Schetzen. I am clueless as to whether they are good for me or not, I am studying about Cryptography and System Engineering...Anyone here has any reviews or advice for me about these two books ? Please post help me. Thanks a lot

Tu Thanh
you shouldnt't worried about that and about the old greek donkey too.
another book i used to read is also about cryptie, its free for download it is is called mcdonald among us becauase it is not a good OLD ass book, so we call it is mcdonald.

i will send to your mail box if you like

Related to 's Search for Reviews on Two Books

1. What is the purpose of "'s Search for Reviews on Two Books?"

The purpose of this search is to gather information and opinions from various sources about two specific books in order to make an informed decision about whether or not to read them.

2. How do you conduct a search for reviews on two books?

To conduct a search for reviews on two books, you can start by using a search engine such as Google or Bing. Type in the titles of the books and add keywords such as "review" or "opinions" to narrow down your results. You can also use book review websites such as Goodreads or Amazon to find reviews from readers.

3. How can I determine the credibility of a book review?

One way to determine the credibility of a book review is to check the source. If the review is from a reputable publication or website, it is more likely to be reliable. You can also look at the credentials of the reviewer, such as their profession or expertise in the subject matter. Additionally, reading multiple reviews from different sources can help you get a well-rounded understanding of the book.

4. What should I look for in a book review?

When reading book reviews, it is important to look for both positive and negative aspects of the book. This will give you a balanced view and help you decide if the book is right for you. Pay attention to the writing style, plot, characters, and overall message or theme of the book. You can also consider the reviewer's personal biases and how they may affect their review.

5. Are book reviews a reliable source of information?

Book reviews can be a helpful source of information, but they should not be the only source you rely on. Keep in mind that reviews are subjective and based on personal opinions, so it's important to read a variety of reviews and form your own opinion about the book. It can also be helpful to read reviews from people with similar tastes or interests as you. Ultimately, the best way to determine if a book is right for you is to read it yourself.