Rotation is absolute, linear motion is relative?

In summary, If the box is not placed at the center of the turning table, all four walls of the box have the same acceleration vectors directions. The magnitude of the acceleration is different, but the direction is the same.
John Mcrain said:
How do you know all this without experiments?
It's Newtonian mechanics, not rocket science. It works quite well. Conservation of angular momentum is well confirmed experimentally. Galileo did a lot of the experimental work.

Physics news on Phys.org
Rocket science is a great deal also Newtonian mechanics ;-).

Likes jbriggs444
jbriggs444 said:
It's Newtonian mechanics, not rocket science. It works quite well. Conservation of angular momentum is well confirmed experimentally. Galileo did a lot of the experimental work.
What physics field is consider the hardiest? Does this frames questions what we are talking here is valid in micro world, atom and smaller particels?

Even I never study physics or math, I feel stupid when I see that my questions are so easy and trivial for you here...

John Mcrain said:
Even I never study physics or math, I feel stupid when I see that my questions are so easy and trivial for you here...
You should not feel stupid. Instead, enjoy the learning and keep asking questions. We all had to learn this stuff sometime... :smile:

Likes vanhees71