Rossi Ecat H2 Ni reactor, anything new?

• Thread starter gregxy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reactor
In summary, despite some claims of success, there is no large scale news or hard data to support the effectiveness of Rossi's device. The only report available does not provide enough information to determine if it works. Rossi himself claims to have moved beyond the verification step and is now in full scale production, but without technical details or multiple devices in operation, there is still a possibility of fraud. The lack of independent testing and refusal to allow proper verification raises doubts about the legitimacy of the device. The scientific community has not made any statements on the matter as there is no scientific evidence to examine. Until more information is available, skepticism remains regarding the effectiveness of Rossi's device.
gregxy
The date of his large scale test has come and gone.

Some are claiming it was a success, but no large scale news and no hard data that I can find.

Here is one report:

http://mnispel.net/neengineer/?p=292

Anyone think it works?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
No large scale news and no hard data almost certainly means it is NOT a success.

Drakkith said:
No large scale news and no hard data almost certainly means it is NOT a success.
I don't know how you concluded that or how anything can be concluded so far on the matter. Rossi claims that he's beyond the verification step and now is into full scale production.

Willowz said:
I don't know how you concluded that or how anything can be concluded so far on the matter. Rossi claims that he's beyond the verification step and now is into full scale production.

He can claim whatever he likes. He's been developing this for years now and still doesn't have a patent? (At least one article I just read said the device isn't patent protected) I remain skeptical until the full technical details of the device are available or multiple devices are used for power generation.

Supposedly he already has sold 13 1MW units. Clients unspecified. Another company has entered the business also. I'm no expert; but, it looks like science duped itself with a flurry of overreaction back with Fleischmann and Pons, and everything became hush-hush until a different name could be used denoting the same phenomena.

Willowz said:
Supposedly he already has sold 13 1MW units. Clients unspecified. Another company has entered the business also. I'm no expert; but, it looks like science duped itself with a flurry of overreaction back with Fleischmann and Pons, and everything became hush-hush until a different name could be used denoting the same phenomena.

He hasn't even produced any units yet, only received orders. (Except for his one "mysterious customer") I'm not saying he's a fraud nor was I there for any of the public demonstrations. I'm only saying I'm remaining skeptical. And don't try to bring the science community into this somehow. Without technical details there isn't even a way to say yes or no on whether it would work or not. Sorry, just because it LOOKS like it works doesn't mean it does. There is still a possibility of fraud. Again, I'm not accusing him of actually being one, so don't try to bite my head off over it.

I sincerely hope his machine works and it works well and produces little harmful waste. It would be a phenomenal discovery.

No verifiable independent tests so far. All Rossi says, no verification on any of it. All offers to properly test have been refused etc. The guy has a verifiable bad background.
Oh and the most common one of alll SOOOON.

So far nothing more than a electric water heater can be said about the mess.

Willowz said:
Perhaps, but tell me this: would you be willing to pay him to purchase a supposedly revolutionary device that has never once been independently tested? There is no way I'd ever bet my money on this. And for overreaction: the scientific community hasn't really said anything about this, have they? How could they: there is no science for them to examine.

Related to Rossi Ecat H2 Ni reactor, anything new?

1. What is the Rossi Ecat H2 Ni reactor?

The Rossi Ecat H2 Ni reactor is a device created by Italian scientist Andrea Rossi that is claimed to produce excess heat through a low-energy nuclear reaction (LENR) process. It uses a combination of nickel, hydrogen, and a catalyst to produce energy without emitting harmful radiation.

2. Is the Rossi Ecat H2 Ni reactor a legitimate technology?

There is still much debate and controversy surrounding the legitimacy of the Rossi Ecat H2 Ni reactor. Some claim that it has been successfully tested and produces excess heat, while others argue that there is not enough scientific evidence to support its claims. The technology is still undergoing further testing and research to determine its validity.

3. How does the Rossi Ecat H2 Ni reactor work?

The exact process of the Rossi Ecat H2 Ni reactor is not fully understood, as it involves a complex combination of chemical and nuclear reactions. However, it is believed that the nickel and hydrogen undergo a fusion reaction, producing excess heat and minimal radiation.

4. Has there been any recent developments or updates on the Rossi Ecat H2 Ni reactor?

The last major update on the Rossi Ecat H2 Ni reactor was in 2019 when a third-party report was released claiming that the device had a net energy output of 2.74 times the energy input. However, there has been no significant progress or updates since then.

5. Is the Rossi Ecat H2 Ni reactor available for commercial use?

No, the Rossi Ecat H2 Ni reactor is not currently available for commercial use. It is still undergoing testing and development, and there are no plans for it to be released for public use in the near future.